01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Outdoor high mounted camera recommendation?

Oaktree11

Hi all,
I am hoping that someone can help me here. I have several EZVIZ cameras hard wired around my workshop and they work fine. I have found them reliable and good value for money. They are mounted fairly low and the night capability is not so bad.
I live opposite a pub and the new landlord is attracting a much younger clientele and there is much more of an issue late at night.
I would like to mount cameras, hardwired under the eaves which is about 8 or 9m high, the horizontal distance is probably 25m My trials with the EZVIZ cameras produce good results during the day but not so good at night, the general situation can be seen ok but no detail really.
I would welcome any advice or recommendations about the best cameras or system to give me better night capabilities without spending £000’s!
Thanks in advance
John

Hi John, we don't know the consumer camera ranges well enough to choose a specific model for you, but you'll need a camera with a longer focal length to deliver more detail - say around a 12mm lens.
Typically, such lenses are only available on cameras with zoom.

Of course, if it's dark and your cameras are switching to black & white, then you'll need a suitably long infra-red lamp range from the camera - 30m is pretty typical these days so that shouldn't be too challenging.

Hi John, we don't know the consumer camera ranges well enough to choose a specific model for you, but you'll need a camera with a longer focal length to deliver more detail - say around a 12mm lens.
Typically, such lenses are only available on cameras with zoom.

Of course, if it's dark and your cameras are switching to black & white, then you'll need a suitably long infra-red lamp range from the camera - 30m is pretty typical these days so that shouldn't be too challenging.
Phil, thank you for this. I am an engineer but not experienced in this field, though I am learning. I don’t suppose you know if the EZVIZ dvr can be repurposed for other cameras? It’s 8 channel and 1 TB so it seems a shame to waste it!. I have been looking at your range and there seems to be some good choices there. I want it hard wired, 12v powered and feeding a dvr or nas I suppose, still a lot to learn! Thanks. John

Hi @Oaktree11 - I've attached the datasheet for what I think is the EZVIS analogue kit you have, which covers the specs of the CS-VR108D(A1-12HV)(1TB) - could this be the model number of your DVR?

If so, it states you can use a third-party HD-TVI camera provided it is 1MP/720p or less in resolution or any 2MP/1080p EZVIS camera:
zROXpjzrUT.png

So, if your current cameras are 2MP, I don't think you'll be able to find a compatible third-party camera that will offer better performance without replacing the NVR too, I'm afraid.

Attachments

• EZVIS BD-2824B1 2MP Analogue CCTV Kit Datasheet.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 211
I've actually misread the datasheet - any 2MP camera should probably be fine, even third-party models :)
It only states EZVIS cameras are supported, but generally with analogue, you can use any HD-TVI camera with a DVR.

I've actually misread the datasheet - any 2MP camera should probably be fine, even third-party models :)
It only states EZVIS cameras are supported, but generally with analogue, you can use any HD-TVI camera with a DVR.
Thank you Kyle, much appreciated. I am looking at the

Milesight UI-2A62-FIPCV 2MP​

From your shop, maybe it would be better to buy this

Milesight UI-1009-NA 4K 9 Channel Mini Network Video Recorder Silver ~​

To remove any doubt?
What do you think, will the camera solve my problem?

That camera would be a good match and will work well with the NVR.
But, I should point out that these would make up an IP CCTV system, so you would not be able to connect your EZVIS cameras to the NVR.
The UI-1009-NA also does not have any POE ports, so you would need to buy a separate POE switch to power and connect the cameras to your network.

The most cost-effective way to upgrade the camera would be to get a 2.8-12mm analogue camera - these Hikvision options are probably as popular as anything:

That camera would be a good match and will work well with the NVR.
But, I should point out that these would make up an IP CCTV system, so you would not be able to connect your EZVIS cameras to the NVR.
The UI-1009-NA also does not have any POE ports, so you would need to buy a separate POE switch to power and connect the cameras to your network.

The most cost-effective way to upgrade the camera would be to get a 2.8-12mm analogue camera - these Hikvision options are probably as popular as anything:
Hi Kyle, yes, this will be a standalone 2 camera setup completely separate from my EZVIZ one. I have power and a lan port right next to the window that they will be mounted above.

Back