01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Puzzled! TECH MCIG51V not working with POE

Creakyknees

Hi all, I have a question that I hope the collective can help with. I have 2 x 5MP (ZX TECH MCIG51V) (DC 12V 750mA) IP POE Cameras. I have no problems with networking them and viewing them when they are powered from a 12v 1A adaptor mains adaptor.

However, when I try and power them using POE (using a 12v 1A POE injector), the cameras are not receiving power. I have tried several POE injectors and network cables, so that is not the problem. There does not appear to be any software configuration to change and nothing is mentioned in the manual (leaflet) that came with them. I contacted the supplier who stated I should use one of their 4 port POE injectors, however I am reticent to do this as there is only one camera at each location so I do not need the other three ports. They do not seem to have single POE units.

The only thing I can think of why these will not work is that the POE injectors I am using are passive. Do I need active and if so can anyone recommend a single suitable unit.

Thanks in advance.
Creakyknees

Attachments

• IMG_2673.JPG
    IMG_2673.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_2674.JPG
    IMG_2674.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 197
Your passive POE injectors very likely do not comply with the IEEE 802.3af/t standards, which is what the camera is expecting.

Back