01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Question: Can I connect a PoE Switch to a NVR's one of the PoE Ports? ( With Bonus Question :)

lgka

Hello Everyone,

This is my very first interaction about the IP Cam systems in the Web.
And as a matter of course, I will start with asking a question.

I am about to install a IPC system in my house.
I am limited with the available Hikvision products in my country.
And I guess I will pick both of IPCs and NVR with the AcuSense feature.
So, I want to get some DS-2CD2143G2-IU IPCs and a DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/S as the NVR unit.

There are 2 different zones with ~40 mt distance to each other: House and the garage.
Because the difficulty of a new cabling, I take using a powerline ethernet adapter into consideration.

Can you please check the draft I shared and comment if all the system will run theoretically?

And my other question is: What if someone physically connects to the switch I placed in the garage, can they access the internet through the router in my home?
Do I need to add an extra switch to the house, get a managed switch, or create a VLAN to prevent this?
I may not be able to prevent physical access to the switch in the garage...

Many thanks!

Slide1.JPG

And my other question is: What if someone physically connects to the switch I placed in the garage, can they access the internet through the router in my home?
Do I need to add an extra switch to the house, get a managed switch, or create a VLAN to prevent this?
I may not be able to prevent physical access to the switch in the garage...
If this works the garage cameras will be on the NVR private subnet (default 192.168.254.nnn), there should be no access to the internet or your LAN. You may have to manually add these cameras to the NVR by using a free IP address in the NVR default subnet range.

Could you not connect the home powerline adapter to your router? Then it's on your home network and the garage switch is just an extension of that.

Back