01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Questions on DS-2DE2202I-DE3/W‏

Italiese

Hi,

I just bought an Hikvision DS-2DE2202I-DE3/W‏ and I need some help with it. I tried to contact Hikvision support but they just provide support if buying from an authorized distributor. So bad!

Here my questions:
  • What does the led in the frontal part of the camera show (see scr)? It turns blue when connecting the camera via PoE, but then starts to blink red all the time even if the camera is on without doing anything special.
    20160229_221723.png
  • When I configure the Email, I only manage to make it work via Gmail by allowing less secure apps in Gmail. When I use Outlook.com (Hotmail) and try to send via the test button I only get error "Failed to connect the test server.". I Use the following settings which should be correct:

Sender: Name
    Sender's Address: email address
    SMTP Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com
    SMTP Port: 587 (tried even 25)
    Enable SSL checked
    Authentication checked
    username and password filled in correctly
    Receiver: some name
    Receiver1's Address: some email address
  • I cannot find any good explanation on what some buttons present in the Live view are for or how to use them. I attached a screenshot where I marked them. Are those functions compatible with this camera? How to use them?
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-25_at_01_52_59.png
  • At the moment it seems the Android app is only for viewing. Do you know if Hikvision has any plan to add some functionality to edit settings like activate deactivate motion detection and other functions?
  • I need a command string to be sent to the HTTP server on the camera so that a third part program can obtain images. Does someone know how the string should be or how to retrieve it?

Thanks for help.

Attachments

• 20160229_221723.png
    20160229_221723.png
    14.5 MB · Views: 495
  • Screen_Shot_2016-02-25_at_01_52_59.png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-25_at_01_52_59.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 436
Hi - lots of questions, hopefully I can give you some clarity!

I couldn't say with certainty what the LED is on the front of the camera without having my hands on one to personally test, but based on what you've described it might be similar to the LEDs on the front of the DS-2CD2432F-I cube camera. It'd most likely either be a power indicator that flashes red when traffic is being sent, or it's an alarm indicator - try disabling anything that could trigger an alarm (motion, line crossing etc.) and see if it remains blue.

I'm not certain what the cause of the issue might be regarding the email - those settings look fine to me, but I don't have a great deal of experience dabbling with email sending and hotmail accounts. Can I ask what firmware version your camera is on? There have been issues with some firmware versions and sending email notifications.

Those buttons on the live view are for controlling the camera's PTZ functions. The two buttons indicating an opening circle will allow you to open and close the iris of the camera. The buttons on the bottom such as the lightbulb etc will allow you to activate some of the camera's extra features, such as an external light, a wiper, auxiliary focus and to reinitialise the lens. Using Internet Explorer will highlight which functions are available to you, and offer an explanation upon hovering over them what each button does.

I'm afraid I'm not aware if Hikvision plan to add greater configuration options to iVMS 4500 - you can disable motion detection notifications on the app of course, but not on the camera to my knowledge.

Thanks for your answer!

I already test disabling everything but was still flashing :( Strange that Hikvision doesn't mention anything on it in their manuals. Hope someone else has the answer to this.

I have firmware version V5.3.9 build 150910. Btw do you know how to check if this is the latest?

Regarding the buttons, nothing happens when I use the iris buttons. Should I deactivate some auto function somewhere first? Those other buttons I suppose they are depending on the camera model. My camera for exempel doesn't have a wiper and probably not even those other functins since nothing happens when I click on them. But I noticed that in iVMS-4200 for Mac I got some error message when I click on some of them, but not all. Would be better to grey out them instead so it is not possible to click on them at all. What does the reinitialise lens do?

Where do I disable motion detection notification in the app? Actually I don't get notification via the app, can only live view.

Strange that Hikvision doesn't mention anything on it in their manuals.
Unfortunately, you'll find that Hikvision's documentation is quite disappointing in general.

You can check the latest version of firmware for your camera by visiting the Hikvision Europe download portal. This site is often more up-to-date than Hikvision's Overseas firmware page, but you can also grab it from there if you want.

Reinitialising the lens should "recalibrate" the lens, and will essentially force itself to automatically adjust things like focus, iris level and so on based on the scene.

To enable or disable motion detection notifications within iVMS 4500, you'd navigate to Menu > Alarm > Set Alarm Notification and then enable the camera / NVR you want to receive alarm notifications from. You'd have to have set the device to "Notify Surveillance Centre" as a Linkage Method within the device's motion detection configuration options on a web browser first, though.

Finally it works with notification in the phone. Thanks!! I always believed that option was to send notification to security company when a burglery alarm is triggered.

Now I just need someone which knows which command string can I use, maybe cgi-something?

Back