01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

R7, missing websocket?

spirch

hello

I have a DS-2DE3304W-DE and a DS-2DE4A404IW-DE with latest firmware.

based on release note 5.6.0, websockets should be present in the network configuration directly from the camera (from web browser)

I do not see these. Reference; pdf release note 5.6.0 point 3.2.4, screenshot. First 2 options

is there a way to get these? Do i have to do a restore / reset of the camera?

thanks

Hi @spirch

What browser are you using to access these cameras?

have you just updated the cameras to this firmware or they were on this firmware when you got them?

Hi @spirch

What browser are you using to access these cameras?

have you just updated the cameras to this firmware or they were on this firmware when you got them?

by memory it was firmware before 5.6 that they came with, I'm using internet explorer with the web component

ok, I would recommend that you reboot the camera and also clear the browser cache as sometimes updates that introduce new menu options do not fully integrate at first due to the existing cached data.

i rebooted both cameras and cleared IE cache, still missing

what i also just tried

re-apply firmware 5.6.15, deinstall web component, clear cache on both cameras, reinstall latest web component (when prompted from browsing to the cameras)

still no websockets

should firefox work with R7 firmware?

i have 2 G1 cameras and they work in firefox and the R7 doesnt, I assume it is because websocket are not there

yesterday i tried to do a restore (keeping ip / user information) on the DS-2DE3304W-DE and the settings didnt show up

little bump hoping to know if these cameras should work under firefox with latest version or not and if the missing web socket option is a bug or not

Hi @spirch

We have asked our Hikvision support contact about this issue and they have said you should update to v5.6.11 and then upgrade to v5.6.14 and see it fixes the websocket issue. You will find both versions at the below link:

ok since i'm on 5.6.15, i will try to downgrade to 5.6.11 and go up to 5.6.14 in a few hours or tomorrow.

Reactions: Dan
should i do a manual restore of the settings somewhere in that process or simply apply the update?

the cameras should reboot after the firmware updates so there is no need to do a manual reboot/reset, I didn't realise that you had been running v5.6.15 on both these cameras and although it is in the same folder as those other versions if you look at the release notes for v5.6.15 the supported camera list does not include your models so potentially the cameras accepted that firmware but they were not designed to run it and thus it broke certain features like the websockets.

i had time to do DS-2DE3304W-DE
change to 5.6.11, same as before no websocket and firefox live view doesnt work
change to 5.6.14, same as before no websocket and firefox live view doesnt work, newer webcomponent version popup

i should be able to try the other one in a few hours

(i do the firmware update from internet explorer 11 under admin right and i verify after the reboot with IE11)

i was able to do it for DS-2DE4A404IW-DE
same result as the other one

i forgot to mention, i did a clear cache, i also uninstalled the webcomponent and re-installed

Thanks for trying that @spirch

I just received this response from Hikvision support this morning:

I just tested the camera on V5.6.15 and there is still no ‘Enable WebSocket’ option. Since the release note only mentions ‘Upgrade SDK Over TLS Security & SDK Protocol Security Methods’, I guess ‘WebSocket’ is not included. I am checking with HQ about it and will get back to you soon.

I will update here when they get back to me with the confirmation from Hikvision HQ.

ok, hopefully, they will find a solution.

I will be waiting :cool:

Also, I did a search in the release note of 5.6.0 for websocket, it is mentioned in 2 others places;

3.1.8 - page 4
Default Protocol parameters are redefined-HTTPS, WebSocket,SDKservices
websockets is not enabled by default, ‘Restore ’and ‘Default’ would not enable the websockets by default.

3.2.3 - page 9
Add 802.1X authentication (EAP-TLS, EAP-LEAP)
A warning is added when Device certificate is deleted for Websockets, https, and SDK over TLS.

Hi @spirch

We have an update for you and unfortunately it is not great news.

Hikvision UK support has spoken directly to Hikvision HQ who have confirmed that the PTZ models you have do not support WebSockets and that the release notes were incorrect.

thanks for the information.

hopefully, they could/will add it later, mostly it was to be able to view live video from firefox instead of internet explorer with the web component

have a good day

Back