01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect playback new option added to filter human/vehicle videos display in different colors in firmware - V4.74.200 build 230522

Status
Not open for further replies.

y.d.

Hello Team!!
I have the following devices:
NVR: DS-7616NI-K2 - firmware V4.74.200 build 230522( updated it yesterday)
Cameras: DS-2CD2343G2-IU - firmware V5.7.13 build 230706
Hik-Connect version on android phone - V5.3.2.0822 ( downloaded from the official Hikvision website)
Link to the release notes:
K51_V4.74.200build230522_ReleaseNotes.pdf (hikvision.com)
Link to the Hikvision site for the NVR:
DS-7616NI-K2 - Pro Series (All) - Hikvision
Link to the Hikvision site for the Cameras:
DS-2CD2343G2-I(U) - Pro Series (All) - Hikvision

Yesterday i found that my NVR has a new firmware release - V4.74.200 build 230522. I have updated the NVR.
The one thing that i love the most from the release notes is the following:
"4. Support using different colors to distinguish event /non-event video
and human/vehicle video for Hik-Connect playback.
Support using different colors to distinguish event video and non-event video for HC
playback. Support quick filtering of human/vehicle video, and human/vehicle videos
display in different colors. "
Unfortunately i have checked my events and there is no such filter as it is shown in the release notes screenshot.
Not sure what should i do add it.
When i am locally and on the Web browse and checking the events from the NVR i can filter - human/vehicle events( they are with different colors as well).
But when i open the Hik-Connect app playback there is no such filter.
Can someone advise how this could be done?
Thank you in advance!!!!
This is what is missing in my app:

But when i open the Hik-Connect app playback there is no such filter.
The filter is only available if you are viewing playback in the Hik-Connect app AND using the Hik-Connect service. If the NVR is enabled for Hik-Connect (showing online in Network > advanced > Platform Access), is linked to your Hik-Connect account (showing linked in Platform Access) and you are logged into your account in the Hik-Connect app, the filter should be there.

However, if you've added your NVR to the Hik-Connect app only using its IP address or 'online devices' you won't see it. Several functions in the Hik-Connect app require that the NVR is registered and connected to the Hik-Connect service (including the playback filter, push notifications of events, viewing of event clips)

Thank you for your reply.
I have checked the above settings that you have advised and everything should be the same as you have explained. I have account in Hik-Connect with the NVR in it you can see it is in Online status and the settings for the platform access are enabled. I am logged with the Hik-connect account in the Hik-connect app. Not sure what you mean by "linked to your Hik-Connect account (showing linked in Platform Access)" but i do not know what else i can edit or change in the settings. I am attaching a screenshots of my Hik-connect account and device settings:
1693402949566.png
1693402811835.png

Not sure what you mean by "linked to your Hik-Connect account (showing linked in Platform Access)" but i do not know what else i can edit or change in the settings. I am attaching a screenshots of my Hik-connect account and device settings:
That's fine, I was just describing how to check it (the NVR) was online and linked to your account by looking on the NVR on a monitor....you've shown that it is using the web browser menu.

I'm not sure why you're not seeing it if that new firmware includes that feature.

I also do not know. This should be a new feature since the release is from May this year. Not sure what else could be done. Locally and view webapp i am able to see the events filter and to filter them. But the best will be to check them via the app - it will be easy and faster. Thank you again @JB1970

I also do not know. This should be a new feature since the release is from May this year. Not sure what else could be done. Locally and view webapp i am able to see the events filter and to filter them. But the best will be to check them via the app - it will be easy and faster. Thank you again @JB1970

Hmmm. I've had a look at the release notes which indicate the new feature (it's been on some newer models including my own for some time) I've also had a look at the product page which you've linked (on the Hikvision Global site).

The linked product page shows that the model uses the K51 platform. That platform is what is on the first of the released K series recorders which are quite old now - there's since been a B, C and D revision that use a different firmware platform. It seems a bit unusual (to me anyway) that it's still being actively updated.

I'll try that update out on a K51 that I have access to and let you know (might be tomorrow)

Do you know what firmware version you were on before you updated? The latest version for the one I'm looking at was 4.72.107_220914

Last edited:
Unfortunately i am not able to remember the version... I bought the NVR this year in March or April i think and updated it with the latest one so it should be the above that you mentioned. I have checked the release notes also and i have red about Hikvsion K series and they have the function for these events - they support them. I asked also our local hikvision representatives. The funny thing is that they also did not know for this new feature in Hik-connect. They told me that all the customer were asking for this and now this should be new one. Hope someone will give me info - if this is possible. Thank you again for doing some extra mile for me to test it!!!

Unfortunately i am not able to remember the version... I bought the NVR this year in March or April i think and updated it with the latest one so it should be the above that you mentioned. I have checked the release notes also and i have red about Hikvsion K series and they have the function for these events - they support them. I asked also our local hikvision representatives. The funny thing is that they also did not know for this new feature in Hik-connect. They told me that all the customer were asking for this and now this should be new one. Hope someone will give me info - if this is possible. Thank you again for doing some extra mile for me to test it!!!
I've loaded 4.74.200 onto a DS-7616NI-K2/16P and it's back online. I've not checked for the filtered playback yet as I'll need to share the device to my account (it's a family members system)

I notice for the 16 channel version that there's a slightly newer version available - 4.74.205_230712. It uses the same firmware normally so it might just be that the product page for the 8 channel hasn't updated yet.

@y.d. I'm seeing the same as you...the 'event, human, vehicle' filter is not displayed in playback. I'll try a few things, one of which will be installing the .205 firmware and report back.

Edit: No joy I'm afraid. I updated to .205 and still don't see the filtered playback. I've rebooted, logged in and out of Hik-Connect, disabled/re enabled Hik-Connect etc. I guess it's a mistake on the release notes.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for all the effort that you have put in this!!!! At least i can say safe that the issue is not in me.... I am not sure who to contact from hikvision for this. Thank you again @JB1970

Thank you very much for all the effort that you have put in this!!!! At least i can say safe that the issue is not in me.... I am not sure who to contact from hikvision for this. Thank you again @JB1970
I think if that firmware version gets posted on the UK portal, there will be more people reporting the bug and it'll maybe get passed to UK support, but until then I'm not sure. I would keep a regular eye on that product page you downloaded from for further updated versions.

Hello @JB1970 and all who are following this article. I have updated my Hik-connect to Version: 5.4.0.0911 a few days ago and today when i woke up i looked at some playback and there it is. The feature was released:
1695370669558.png

Hello @JB1970 and all who are following this article. I have updated my Hik-connect to Version: 5.4.0.0911 a few days ago and today when i woke up i looked at some playback and there it is. The feature was released:
View attachment 9849

Whats the reason that my version of hik-connect for end user (there is no other version available on play store) is missing all events options, I'm thinking that for the events options you need to be connected through the hik-connect service, which I don't want to use.
I access my cams in a safe way via local lan or eventually
through the VPN Server on my local lan when I'm outside my local lan.

1711340749891.jpg

I'm thinking that for the events options you need to be connected through the hik-connect service, which I don't want to use.
Correct. Some features are only available when using the Hik-Connect service (push notifications, event clips, playback filtering).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back