01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Relabelling each camera

Ironside

I'm using HikVision cameras and a HiLook DVR which I'm led to believe is made by Hikvion. I'm also using a program called iVMS 4200 so that I can view the cameras on my PC. At the moment I have six cameras in all. However, all the cameras are "camera01", instead of being "camera01, camera02", if you get my gist.

Obviously, there's got to be a way of labelling each camera so you know which is which.

Hi @Ironside

Are Hikvision cameras directly connected to the PoE ports on the HiLook NVR or are they added remotely over the local network?

If they are directly connected then in iVMS-4200 you should be able to go to the remote configuration for the NVR and go to Image > Video Display where there should be a box labelled Camera Name that will let you change the display name for each camera. If they are not directly connected then we would do the same but for each individual camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, all cameras go into the back NVR. Okay, I will try your suggestion, thank you

That was painless. Now all I've got to do is rearrange which ports the cameras are plugged into so that they all marry up. Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated

Reactions: Dan
Back