01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikconnect Icons ETC

maxcars1

Hi All,

Just had an engineer out to check my CCTV system after the global email I found on this site in December last year. Anyways whilst he was in my system I checked to ensure there was only 1 user e.g Admin and also changed what I believe was a weak password set at installation. So a couple of questions when he left I checked my Hikconnect and noticed th following:

1. What are the blue icons in the home page that shows each camera - on each camera there's a blue icon looks slightly like a bell with a lightning type graphic with the blue icon?
2. I also noticed that the DDNS was showing not configured I think in red - again what does this mean?

Also when he checked the cameras and nor he said there were no updates available - he wasn't connected by a laptop but in the settings of the nor. Now I'm sure that the devices and nor I have are showing updates on the Hikvision site under products. Can anyone comment on this?

Ive asked him to go away and check Hikvision, if needs be download to usb and comeback to upgrade.

Thank you

1. What are the blue icons in the home page that shows each camera - on each camera there's a blue icon looks slightly like a bell with a lightening type graphic with the blue icon?
That’s showing the camera (or area if configured) is ‘armed’ for events to be active, send notifications etc. You’ll see three icons beneath the thumbnail images. Clicking the right hand one brings up a page where you can arm, disarm or setup groups of cameras for arm and disarm.
2. I alos noticed that the DDNS was showing not configured I think in red - again what does this mean?
Best left alone Hik-Connect can use P2P connection. Configuring DDNS means specifying the ports and the admin password of the NVR in the app. It’s not necessary so leave it.
Now I'm sure that the devices and nor I have are showing updates on the Hikvision site under products. Can anyone comment on this?
The device and Hik-Connect will usually show that there’s no updates available even when there is - that’s a known thing. Occasionally they may show an update available in the installers account but only if it’s a security related release.

Back