01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hilook NVR 16 Channel - Hikconnect event playback?

MitchG92

Good Afternoon,

I have 8 x Hilook cameras installed on a 16 channel system. The recording is set to continuous. When viewing playback on the hikconnect app android version I see a solid blue line without any event lines. I have setup the smart event line crossing linkage clicked on notify surveillance. Also I have setup motion detection but haven't clicked notify surveillance because there will be false alarms on that.

We are getting notifications when an event has happen however when I click on playback its just a solid blue line.
Is there something in setting on the hikconnect I'm not doing correctly?

Thank you

Solution
The display of event markers in the Hik-Connect timeline video is dependant on the recorder model and firmware version. It's a relatively recent addition and so many existing models don't support it. If your model and firmware version do support it and connection to the system is using the Hik-Connect service; you would see filter buttons beneath the timeline labelled event, human, vehicle. Note that the function is only supported when connecting using the Hik-Connect service; even supported models will not display the event markers and filter buttons when connection is using IP/Domain.
The display of event markers in the Hik-Connect timeline video is dependant on the recorder model and firmware version. It's a relatively recent addition and so many existing models don't support it. If your model and firmware version do support it and connection to the system is using the Hik-Connect service; you would see filter buttons beneath the timeline labelled event, human, vehicle. Note that the function is only supported when connecting using the Hik-Connect service; even supported models will not display the event markers and filter buttons when connection is using IP/Domain.

Upvote 1
Solution
Is there any chance I could get a screenshot of what I am looking for? Just testing out a hikvision nvr system only a few months old and don't see event marker.
Thank you
Screenshot_20240103-181641_Hik-Connect.jpg

Upvote 0
It would look like this. As said it's only possible if the recorder is registered with Hik-Connect and the device is logged into that Hik-Connect account. It is not supported on device connection using IP address.

IMG_6022.png

Post the recorder and camera model numbers and firmware versions.

Upvote 0
Yeah defiantly using the hik connect service app not IP.
It's just down to the model and version. On Hikvison NVRs and DVRs the feature was introduced after version 4.63 or even 4.7x (I can't recall exactly without firmware release notes). Your 4.30 version is 2 years old so you'll not see the feature. All you can do is make sure you're on the latest version and keep an eye out for further updates, but theres no guarantee the model will ever get the functionality added.

Firmware versions are specific to model. I had a look and it appears your model has been discontinued, so if the feature is a must have you'd have to replace your NVR with one that supports the feature.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
thanks again for your replies. Just one more question. Is it possible to have the recording schedule to record motion & event? Also with the intrusion is there supposed to be a small box and maximum box? Only seem to get the area.
Thank you for your time

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 49
Upvote 0
Is it possible to have the recording schedule to record motion & event?
It should be (I only ever use continuous myself). Clear the schedule, select 'Motion and Event', then 'paint' the timeline and copy for all days.

Also with the intrusion is there supposed to be a small box and maximum box? Only seem to get the area.
This is often only available in the cameras own Web UI. Set the Intrusion up on the NVR first (as you already have) then login to the camera itself with a web browser. You'll get a similar menu to the NVR and if you go to the Intrusion setup there you'll probably see the additional options. Don't 'redo' anything there; only touch settings that you cannot access in the NVR.

To access your camera directly, if it's plugged into the NVR, you'll first need to find and switch on virtual host. Login to the NVR and go to Configuration > Network > Advanced > Other and turn on Virtual Host. It may be somewhere else on your model. Once you've done that you should see links to each camera on the camera details page of the NVR web UI. Alternatively you can access the camera at http://your_nvr_IP_address:6500x. For instance Camera 3 on an NVR with address 192.168.0.100 would be at http://192.168.0.100:65003

Upvote 0
Back