01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Remote Viewing - which is faster

bien gomez

Hi

I would like to ask the HIKVision users that remotely access their NVR/IPCam via EzViz.

Assuming the NVR / IPCam is connected on an internet subscription with a public IP,
which do you think will have a faster remote viewing experience? (Faster in the sense
that the video streaming and the response will be faster).

Is it the EzViz cloud access or via port forwarding?

Somebody told me that he prefers to configure the NVR via port forwarding since it is
a lot faster and responsive compared to EZViz.

Any inputs? Thanks.

It has been my experience that connecting directly is faster as opposed to via an EZVIZ account. You're also able to access more configuration and live view options that way.

I imagine this is because traffic is being routed through EZVIZ before reaching you, as opposed to a direct connection to your NVR when using port forwarding.

Hi,
Which apps is recommended for iPhone? Is it ezviz or there is any other apps. Thanks.

The most comprehensive app which offers the most features is iVMS 4500. Ezviz is a company / service owned by Hikvision, and so you're able to log into your ezviz account inside of iVMS 4500 to view any connected cameras here too.

The ezviz app doesn't give you quite as many configuration options as iVMS 4500, but if you only ever use ezviz then you may as well use this app instead.

Back