01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setting up NVR via IP/local network in Hikvision APP

bryanviper

Hello,

Ever since Hikvision updated their iphone app a year or two ago I have no longer been able to connect to my NVR DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) over my local network. ie: not repling on the internet or hikvision servers. For example yesterday night my internet was down but I could not access my cameras which is very annoying.

When I go to add a device to the hikvision app I can add it and it sees it online, I even get to the point where it asks me for the camera access code. It then has a Percent % of it loading the cameras but it will stop around the 90% and gives me the error code 25. at the top it says... remotely viewing video from lcoal devices is not supported. You can only view videos if your mobile phone is on the same lan with device

The phone is on the same network as the NVR just that the NVR is connected via Ethernet and the phone is on wifi. Like I said before this used to work before no issues and would even load much faster but i hate the fact I need to reply on Hikvision servers for this now.

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

Thanks

I don't know anything about the Hik Connect method as I have never used it but you should be able to add a device "Manual Adding" as "IP/Domain" then just enter your NVR local IP address, port (usually 8000 unless you configured it different), and a username/password. That should then work when you are on your local WiFi.

If it does not work then give us some more information about your setup, e.g. what make/model switches, router/WiFi access point/s you have. What is the local IP address/gateway of the NVR? What is the IP address/gateway of your phone when on the WiFi (you should be able to find in your phone network settings somewhere).

I don't know anything about the Hik Connect method as I have never used it but you should be able to add a device "Manual Adding" as "IP/Domain" then just enter your NVR local IP address, port (usually 8000 unless you configured it different), and a username/password. That should then work when you are on your local WiFi.

If it does not work then give us some more information about your setup, e.g. what make/model switches, router/WiFi access point/s you have. What is the local IP address/gateway of the NVR? What is the IP address/gateway of your phone when on the WiFi (you should be able to find in your phone network settings somewhere).

I have tried adding it via IP/Domain also tried adding it via Online Device which it sees it online adds everything but same issue. I do have the default 8000 Port.

My network has not changed since updating the hikvision app. I have a DSL modem which is connected to a Asus RT-AC5300 which handles the PPOE connection. From the router it goes into a basic Trendnet network switch then to another switch where the NVR is. However I just bypassed the 2 switches and plugged my NVR directly into my Asus Router and still the same issue..

Gateway - 192.168.1.1

NVR has an ip of 192.168.1.141 - Static
Cell phone - 192.168.1.67 - DHCP

On your Asus WiFi Router config go to Advanced Settings -> Wireless -> Professional and check if "Set AP isolated" is enabled (YES). If it's enabled then wireless devices are prevented from communicating with each other and that maybe would cause the problem you are having.

If it's not that then not sure what it could be.

On your Asus WiFi Router config go to Advanced Settings -> Wireless -> Professional and check if "Set AP isolated" is enabled (YES). If it's enabled then wireless devices are prevented from communicating with each other and that maybe would cause the problem you are having.

If it's not that then not sure what it could be.
All wireless bands have "Set AP Isolated" to off.

Only suggestions I have left are:

1) The classic "turn it off and on again" (the Asus router) and also forget the network on your phone and re-connect.
2) Some routers now have the ability to define a guest WiFi network with is separate from the main WiFi network - just checking you are not connected to a guest network by accident or something like that.
3) Check the network clients the Asus can see - make sure it sees your phone and there are no blocks there.
3) Check if there are any other security or firewall features enabled on the Asus that may be causing this behaviour. Disable them temporarily.
4) Download a LAN scanning app on your phone (I use "Network Analyzer Lite" or "Fing") - it might give you clues as to what your phone can/can't see on your network. It should see every device/IP address on the network

Only suggestions I have left are:

1) The classic "turn it off and on again" (the Asus router) and also forget the network on your phone and re-connect.
2) Some routers now have the ability to define a guest WiFi network with is separate from the main WiFi network - just checking you are not connected to a guest network by accident or something like that.
3) Check the network clients the Asus can see - make sure it sees your phone and there are no blocks there.
3) Check if there are any other security or firewall features enabled on the Asus that may be causing this behaviour. Disable them temporarily.
4) Download a LAN scanning app on your phone (I use "Network Analyzer Lite" or "Fing") - it might give you clues as to what your phone can/can't see on your network. It should see every device/IP address on the network
Thanks for the suggestions,

1.) I have the router to automatically restart 2 times a week
2.) nope I have guest disabled
3.) Yup router can see phone and NVR
4.) I'll have to look into this, But i should not have anything weird/special setup
5.) Everything looks normal in there.
Again this only started happening after upgrading the hikvision app to their newer version a year or so ago.

Back