01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Replace Hanwha VMS?

adamz76

Hi Guys,

I have a setup of around 350 Hanwha cameras and maybe 250 more to go. Along with that, there are about 8 Hanwha NVRs X & P series, I am trying to replace Hanwah as my VMS, but of course, I'll keep the cameras and the NVRs been looking at the following systems

• Milestone
  • Nx Witness VMS
  • Axxon One
  • ISS SecurOS
  • Mirasys VMS
I know about Milestone, and it will work for me. Do you know if the systems will work using Hanwah NVR's cause? I am not planning to buy new NVR's

Thanks

Adam

Hi @adamz76

On the Milestone website, the Supported Devices page says that the below 10 x Hanwha Vision NVRs are supported by their software:

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 10.31.46.png

If your NVR model(s) are not shown here we would recommend speaking to Milestone directly to confirm if your models are supported or not because sometimes this supported device information is not completely up to date.

That's a big system!
A couple of initial observations.
The Hanwha Wave VMS is an OEM by Nx Witness, so essentially the same solution.

What don't you like about Hanwha's VMS?

Hanwha Wave and Nx Witness are licensed for life - just the up-front purchase cost per camera channel.

If you plan to add 600 cameras to a single Milestone VMS system you will need to use their top-level corporate software version.
All Milestone VMS solutions require ongoing CARE support maintenance costs (per year / per camera channel).
The combined purchase and ongoing support costs for a new top-level Milestone system for 600 cameras will be huge!

I know nothing about ISS SecurOS (I've never heard of it).
Axxon One has become quite contentious due to origins in Russia.
Mirasys is a Finnish VMS - has been around for probably 20yrs, but never really gained much traction in the UK.

We've found Vivotek's VAST (now re-factored / recently re-launched as VSS) to be very popular with users.

And, of course, we have offered Luxriot for many years, and have many happy users.

VMS solutions are notoriously difficult to compare.
So many features, it makes for an enormous spreadsheet if you try to compare them analytically.

Definitely take advantage of free trials and you / your users check out the look and feel of the software.
Often users don't want to do overly complex things and a GUI that is intuitive for access, playback, exporting recordings wins the days.

Click the link to see our product page / cost per channel for Vivotek VSS.

School users seem to enjoy the modern and easy to use GUI of Vivotek's VAST / VSS:

Reactions: Dan
Back