01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setting up alarms and triggers

Stu_c

hi all
Has anyone got details on how to set up alarms and triggers?

For example how to set up if a door is opened an alarm is set off or if movement is seen in an area how to turn lights on with its own power source for example flood lights etc

This is a rather brief explanation, but I hope it points you in he right direction.

Most important .... Any devices connected to the alarm circuits must be low voltage.

The 'alarm in' connections can be configured to 'normally open' or 'normally closed'. So if for example you connect a pair of wires from 'alarm in' to a door sensor which would be normally closed, then when the door is opened it would break the circuit and the NVR/DVR would detect the open circuit and respond accordingly.

This could then be linked to an 'alarm out' circuit. I can't see anything in the user manual which indicates what signal or voltage is output on the alarm out connectors, but I guess it would change from open circuit to closed circuit. This could then trigger an external device.

If you wish to switch a mains voltage device such as a light, then a low voltage relay switch would be required. The alarm out would then operate the low voltage relay which in turn would switch on the high voltage light. A mains voltage device must not be connected directly to the alarm out circuit.

Hope this helps.

Back