01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Simple indoor security camera?

adder

I have no prior knowledge of cams. I have researched for several hours but am getting confused. Your help would be much appreciated.

I need to monitor a small hallway. I envisage a single security camera mounted on the wall. Mains-voltage would be convenient as I can take power from an existing wall light fitting.

My resolution and frame-rate requirements are very low. No audio required.

I will run the camera 24/7 and store the images in the camera (SD card I presume). Periodically I will log in to the camera from my desktop PC (on the premises) and download the images for replay. WiFi is not running all the time on my property. I never need to access the camera remotely via the internet.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Almost everything that we offer is Pro kit and non-WiFi (meaning that you would need to install and connect a network cable back to your router).

I'd say that your most straight-forward and cost-effective solution would be to leave your WiFi on and select something from the so cost-effective Tapo range at Amazon.

You'll need a smart phone and App to set it up, but they are very user-friendly (with voice prompts to guide you through each next step).

Almost everything that we offer is Pro kit and non-WiFi (meaning that you would need to install and connect a network cable back to your router).

I'd say that your most straight-forward and cost-effective solution would be to leave your WiFi on and select something from the so cost-effective Tapo range at Amazon.

You'll need a smart phone and App to set it up, but they are very user-friendly (with voice prompts to guide you through each next step).
Thank you for your reply. I have learnt a bit more and think I can use a Reolink cam running at one frame per second and storing on a 128GB SD-card. Power supply is not ideal; I would have to buy a third-party power block and splice it onto the light fitting wires. I will look at the Tapo range.

Back