01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Smart Events selective push for Hik-Connect

Dave Howard

Just set up HIK-Connect. Latest version.
Have 7608NI with 8 cameras of various models.
Smart Events set on some cameras for intrusion detection and line crossing.
how can I only have (example) the intrusion detection events sent to HIK-connect, but not line crossing?

I do want all Smart Events recorded so I can watch all on playback from iVMS on PC, just not all pushed from all cameras to HIK Connect as notifications.

Any help and experienced appreciated. Thanks.

Just set up HIK-Connect. Latest version.
Have 7608NI with 8 cameras of various models.
Smart Events set on some cameras for intrusion detection and line crossing.
how can I only have (example) the intrusion detection events sent to HIK-connect, but not line crossing?

I do want all Smart Events recorded so I can watch all on playback from iVMS on PC, just not all pushed from all cameras to HIK Connect as notifications.

Any help and experienced appreciated. Thanks.
You just need to select "Notify Surveillance Center" in the actions for the VCA that you want. For example, enable it for Line Crossing but not for Intrusion, or vice versa. Only those events with "Notify Surveillance Center" get pushed to Hik Connect but ALL will be available in iVMS or on the NVR local monitor.

@JB1970 question on you advice (or any other folks for that matter :) ).

One camera (2163G0) with Smart Event for Line Crossing and for Intruder Detection.
The former NOT set for Notify Surveillance Centre the latter IS set to Notify Surveillance Centre.

GOOD news is on Hik-Connect I'm only getting the notifications for the Intrusion Detection and those appears in iVMS as Smart Events recorded.
The BAD news is that no smart events are being recorded for Line Crossing in iVMS even tho I know many have happened.
When searching for Line Crossing events in iVMS I get "Playback Failed. No record file found".

How do i get Smart Events recorded so I can watch them and search for them on iVMS but not get them sent as HikConnect notifications?

The reason for this is Line Crossing is for a wider drive and gate, and the Intrusion Detection is for a gate within the drive.

I have attached snip of the Line Crossing detection area.

Attachments

• CCTV Gate Example.jpg
    CCTV Gate Example.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Is the arming schedule you've set for Line Crossing the same as the one for Intrusion?

If you search the NVR logs and set the Major Type as Alarm, does it show any instances of Line Crossing?
For the logs, go to: System > Maintenance > Log

If there isn't, then Line Crossing isn't working properly for some reason.
If this is the case, I'd try reducing the size of the 'min target' box and increasing the sensitivity level to around 50.

Is the arming schedule you've set for Line Crossing the same as the one for Intrusion?

If you search the NVR logs and set the Major Type as Alarm, does it show any instances of Line Crossing?
For the logs, go to: System > Maintenance > Log

If there isn't, then Line Crossing isn't working properly for some reason.
If this is the case, I'd try reducing the size of the 'min target' box and increasing the sensitivity level to around 50.
Should I be defining Smart Events at the NVR using a browser interface or at the camera directly or both?

I ask as on NVR/browser I cannot define max/min size of objects for Intrusion Detection but I can at camera.
However if I only do on camera then it seems on some cameras :-( those Smart Events dont flow thru to HikConnect.

NVR spec/firmware in attached.
Howard-7608NVR.jpg

and disable events on the cameras themselves so the NVR is the one to rule them all?
No.... Program events using the NVR, the settings are saved on the cameras. There are no alarm settings as such on the NVR, just a representation of what is on the camera - they are read from the connected camera and displayed in the NVR config menu. If you go back and delete the settings from the camera you've deleted the config completely.

You simply set the camera up using the NVR that way so that values/settings populated in the config menus match. If you set the camera up directly it will work exactly the same. However, when you look in the NVR menu the settings may appear to be incorrect. This is because when you apply a setting on the camera it does not update the NVR menu, potentially until NVR reboot when the NVR reads all camera settings.

It's easy to see this in action - unplug camera 1 from the NVR, then go into the NVR menu and check the video parameters, alarm settings, display settings for camera 1, they'll be empty/unavailable because the settings displayed in the NVR were read from the connected camera and it's missing. Likewise if you replace a camera, the NVR will show the default settings for the new connected camera. It won't inherit the previous cameras settings because they were on the camera.

Back