01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Soundbar remote interacting with my Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P

Novelwolf

HI,

My new Klipextreme KSB-210 Soundbar remote is communicating with my Hikvision NVR. The model is DS-7608NI-I2-8P. It opens the playback screen on the cameras when I press the volume down button. It's the only button that causes it.

The soundbar is on the top shelf with the TV and the NVR is on the 3rd shelf.

Does the DS-7608NI-I2-8P have some kind of IR receiver? I can't understand how this communication is happening. If it has one, where is it located?

Is there some way to disable this on the NVR?

Can you make us a little paint, how you use the scenario inlcuding all devices?

HI,

My new Klipextreme KSB-210 Soundbar remote is communicating with my Hikvision NVR. The model is DS-7608NI-I2-8P. It opens the playback screen on the cameras when I press the volume down button. It's the only button that causes it.

The soundbar is on the top shelf with the TV and the NVR is on the 3rd shelf.

Does the DS-7608NI-I2-8P have some kind of IR receiver? I can't understand how this communication is happening. If it has one, where is it located?

Is there some way to disable this on the NVR?
I have the same model with the remote control to select monitor views etc. It sometimes clashes with the TV remote, the same IR code(s) are used by the NVR remote and TV remote. Not sure where the NVR IR sensor is, try blocking the NVR front panel to find it.

I have the same model with the remote control to select monitor views etc. It sometimes clashes with the TV remote, the same IR code(s) are used by the NVR remote and TV remote. Not sure where the NVR IR sensor is, try blocking the NVR front panel to find it.
So I blocked the entire front and it stopped interacting with the soundbar remote! Thank you. I never knew this model had the feature to use a remote. I have no use for that as I use a USB mouse. The documentation stated other models but not this one so it had me really confused.

this is an easy fix .............
with the NVR connected to a Monitor, go to "Settings" then in the "General Settings" page,
Located the box that reads "Device No.", usually the Device Number is 255 from factory,
Change the Device Number to any other value except 255 (try 8 or something like that)
Click apply ......................... that should do the job

this is an easy fix .............
with the NVR connected to a Monitor, go to "Settings" then in the "General Settings" page,
Located the box that reads "Device No.", usually the Device Number is 255 from factory,
Change the Device Number to any other value except 255 (try 8 or something like that)
Click apply ......................... that should do the job
Wow thanks for that. Worked perfectly!!!!

Back