01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect I can't control the strobe light and audio alarm?

Ekkoh

Hi,

for some reason I can't control strobe light and audio alarm from Hik Connect-app.

It was working flawlessly before but has suddenly stopped working.
If I alarm the system from Hik Connect app it do turn on strobe and audio alarm when motion is detected. But I also want to control light and audio alarm from the app manually.

Anyone know what could be causing this and what I can do about it?

Thanks!

We'll need you to share the devices that you have and their current firmware version please.
Also, what version of Hik-Connect you are running?
And whether that's on IOS or Android?

Hi, sorry!

NVR:
DS-7716NI-M4/16P - V5.02.006 build 240328

Cameras:
DS-2CD2087G2H-LIU/SL - V5.7.13 build 230706
DS-2CD2347G2H-LISU/SL - V5.7.13 build 230706
DS-2CD2387G2H-LISU/SL- V5.7.13 build 230706

Hik-Connect: 6.2.51.20240408.3 for iOS

Hi @Ekkoh, there's a good chance that this is a bug as I'm currently working on something similar with Hikvision with the G5 firmware cameras while connected to an M-Series NVR.

Before I report this too, could you please test with V5.7.14 build 231213 for the cameras and V5.02.006_240407 for the NVR (see the 'download centre' section at the bottom of the pages)?

Confirmed as M series recorder version 5 firmware bugs in my other thread this morning:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Ekkoh, there's a good chance that this is a bug as I'm currently working on something similar with Hikvision with the G5 firmware cameras while connected to an M-Series NVR.

Before I report this too, could you please test with V5.7.14 build 231213 for the cameras and V5.02.006_240407 for the NVR (see the 'download centre' section at the bottom of the pages)?
Hi,

just tested and it didn't help. When pressing the light or audio alarm symbol in the app it says "operation failed".

Thanks for confirming, I've reported these bugs to Hikvision so they can work on a fix in the next update.

Could you let me know what happens when you try two-way audio on those cameras now, following these instructions?
Sorry, it's a separate issue to the light and audio alarm one, but another one I might need to raise with Hikvision...
@bigmick777 Please try 2 way audio again from Hik-Connect to your cameras. Importantly when you click the 2 way audio icon, you must then click 'channel' to open two way audio to the camera as your cameras are connected to the NVR channels ('device' refers to the audio in/out on the back of the NVR itself... why the hell they can't refer to 'Camera' and 'NVR' rather than 'Channel' and 'Device' is beyond me....It just causes user confusion)

Thanks for confirming, I've reported these bugs to Hikvision so they can work on a fix in the next update.

Could you let me know what happens when you try two-way audio on those cameras now, following these instructions?
Sorry, it's a separate issue to the light and audio alarm one, but another one I might need to raise with Hikvision...
Two-way audio works fine!

Back