01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Tandemvu - get second channel online?

tombooth

Greetings.

I'm here because firmware upgrading my system didn't go well but enough said, I've got back on line with new firmware everywhere and only 2 issues remain.

1 is an offline camera since I messed about with firmware (I'm resigned to getting the ladder out and doing a hard reset {It would be the only camera at the top of a gable}) but the one that's had me stumped for days is getting both channels of the Tandemvu PTZ on line.

I'm running DS-7608NI-M2/8P (V5.03.010 build 240606) with 6 cameras, one being the Tandemvu DS-2|SE4C425 V5.8.0 build 240807.

Accessing the camera direct I can call up and see both video images but I'm unable to alter D2 IP address (The tandemvu is installed on D1) because it's greyed out and I'm unable to envoke the 2 channels on D1 because, whilst the "Added/Total" pop up allows me to tick d1 AND d2 to enable 2 channels, it ignores the confirmation and reverts back to 1 of 2.

My head is smoking. It's beyond me. Help appreciated.

Tom
(I think I att 2 screenshots showing the POE2 (Edit device) and Added/Total (Edit channel) both refusing to change)

Attachments

• editch.jpg
    editch.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 38
  • envokech2.jpg
    envokech2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 39
Hi @tombooth

I know that on the new V5 firmware, if you have the channel set to Plug & Play, it greys out all of the edit options like your first screenshot.

So, to add a camera that isn't connected to the NVR directly, you need to turn Plug & Play off for the channel that you would like to add it to, as shown in step 3 here:

Does doing this for channel 2 allow you to add the second Tandemvu channel?

Thanks Kyle, both for your quick reply and cracking idea! Sorry for my slower response - your domain email went to my flippin' spam drain - now fixed.
I've got commitments tomorrow but for sure I'll take a look over the weekend and thanks again.

Yo Kyle - UPDATE; yep, thet works! You gotta knock out dhcp also else the nvr thinks it's smarter than you and keeps re-allocating ip's when you try duplicate the tandemvu IP but = ALL GOOD. Thanks for being there Professor, I'd had brain sweats all week over this. I'm just an ornary guy got cameras on his house; not a fitter.
Thanks again Dude.

Attachments

• tomhugonce.gif
    tomhugonce.gif
    141.5 KB · Views: 21
Back