01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Using Accusense Gen 2 with older NVR

alexf40

Hi all,

I seem to be having an issue, which I assume is due to the older NVR not supporting the newer camera.

I currently have a DS-7608NI-E2 and have just replaced an old turret with an Accusense DS-2CD2H86G2-IZS, the issue i'm having is that I can't seem to record the main stream, the sub-stream works fine. Even if I reduce the main stream to a resoultion and bandwidth which the NVR will support it still won't preview or record.

Is there anyway around this or do I need to upgrade the NVR?

Cheers
Alex

Hi all,

I seem to be having an issue, which I assume is due to the older NVR not supporting the newer camera.

I currently have a DS-7608NI-E2 and have just replaced an old turret with an Accusense DS-2CD2H86G2-IZS, the issue i'm having is that I can't seem to record the main stream, the sub-stream works fine. Even if I reduce the main stream to a resoultion and bandwidth which the NVR will support it still won't preview or record.

Is there anyway around this or do I need to upgrade the NVR?

Cheers
Alex
It should be no problem, I’ve recently installed those newer models on the same older model NVR.

However, the older NVR won’t support 8 megapixel so you’ll have to drop the resolution down unfortunately. In addition you need to set the streams to H264 as the NVR can’t decode H265.

Well I was wrong, I can get the main stream to preview and record, but the maximum resolution that'll work is 1280x720p.

What is really strange if I set the resolution to 2688x1520 with a 5120 bit rate (all the same settings) the same as my other cameras it still won't show on preview.

Camera - DS-2CD2H86G2-IZS - Gen 3 is running V5.5.160 build 210416
DVR - DS-7608NI-E2 - is running V3.4.103 build 181226

@JB1970 when you set them up what resolution were you using?

Well I was wrong, I can get the main stream to preview and record, but the maximum resolution that'll work is 1280x720p.

What is really strange if I set the resolution to 2688x1520 with a 5120 bit rate (all the same settings) the same as my other cameras it still won't show on preview.

Camera - DS-2CD2H86G2-IZS - Gen 3 is running V5.5.160 build 210416
DVR - DS-7608NI-E2 - is running V3.4.103 build 181226

@JB1970 when you set them up what resolution were you using?
It will have been 2688 x 1520 as they were the 4 megapixel DS-2CD2346-IU turrets

Also remember that even with the lower resolution and H264 set that recorder may still be unable to preview your cameras as a single multi screen due to decoding limitations. Go into the live view setup on settings and make sure you have each screen segment set to auto (rather than main) That will ensure that the split screen switches to the cameras sub stream when in mutiscreen and main stream when in full screen (that feature is available on your NVR but not the newer ones - annoyingly)

Thanks @JB1970 as far as I can tell I've tried everything now and can't get any higher resolution to run :( Looks like I need a new NVR.

I'd really like to get this working at the same resolution as my other 4k cameras, I don't like the idea of buying a new NVR at the moment. The most suitable for me would be the I series but this is surely going to be replaced soon as has been out for years.

Thanks @JB1970 as far as I can tell I've tried everything now and can't get any higher resolution to run :( Looks like I need a new NVR.

I'd really like to get this working at the same resolution as my other 4k cameras, I don't like the idea of buying a new NVR at the moment. The most suitable for me would be the I series but this is surely going to be replaced soon as has been out for years.
I can’t understand what the issue is, it should certainly work on 264 once set at the lower resolution. The only other thing that springs to mind is authentication. The NVR will support Basic only whereas the new model camera will be set to Digest. Logging in to the camera directly via a web browser this authentication can be changed from Digest to Digest/Basic. I’ve had to change that previously to get them to work but forget whether the live view was an issue or just connection in the phone app. Worth a try though….Log into the camera and it’s in Settings > System > Security > Authentication

Spec sheet for your NVR attached. So just to confirm:
  1. It'll need to be H264
  2. It'll need to be a max of 5MP resolution
  3. If you're trying to view it as part of a multiscreen on local monitor/TV, the stream switching should be set to auto or the NVR will be unable to decode the output
  4. You may need to adjust the authentication setting as described
  5. Finally - be aware of your maximum incoming bandwidth (80 Mbps). The NVR is 8 channel or 80 Mbps incoming bandwidth, whichever is the limiting factor.

Attachments

• ds-7608ni-e2_8p_a.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 200
I've just had a look at the site where I used the new model. I have the camera (AcuSense DS-2CD2346G2-IU) set to 2688 x 1520 at 8FPS H264, variable bit rate at 3456. Despite my comment regarding authentication - when I've checked, both the NVR and camera are actually set to their defaults (Digest/Basic for NVR and Digest for camera) so it may be that only the very old SE models needed that change when using a newer camera.

The camera is on 5.5.160 and the NVR is on 3.4.106

Genius. Thank you so much. I’ve changed to digest/basic and it’s working.

Interestingly I’m able to run it at 3840x2160.

Perfect result I can wait for the new release of NVRs now

Genius. Thank you so much. I’ve changed to digest/basic and it’s working.

Interestingly I’m able to run it at 3840x2160.

Perfect result I can wait for the new release of NVRs now
Glad it's sorted as I was heading for a sleepless night - I hate to be beaten lol ;)

Haha I’m glad you’ll be able to sleep well. I would have never ever thought or tried to even test changing the authentication. Wonder why it was fine for the sub stream.

Well sadly that excitement wore off. There definitely seems to be an incompatibility issue. It recorded continuously to the end of the day with no issues. However this morning the main stream failed to preview or be able to view the record files, but the sub stream is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back