01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Using DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL Acusense Turret Cameras with a DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR?

p4rma

Hi,

I'm looking at purchasing 8 x DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL to work with the DS-7608NI-I2/8P.

I have a couple of questions which I hope someone will be able to help me with.

1) Will Acusense work with this NVR?
2) Can the turrent cameras be mounted on the wall without the option mounts DS-1273ZJ-140.
3) If they are wall mountable and the image needs to be rotated with acusense still work?

Thanks again.
p4rma

Hi @p4rma,

The short answer is yes to all :)
  1. Any of Hikvision's I-Series recorders are fully compatible with the AcuSense cameras, but the K-Series recorders do not.

This YouTube video by Hikvision discusses this topic - Hikvision Explains - Acusense Camera & I series NVR combination

2. They can be mounted directly to the wall, using either a junction box (to contain and waterproof the connections in the rear of the camera), or without any additional accessories, provided that you pass the cables in the back of the camera through a hole in the wall behind the camera.

More information on installing cameras properly and the need for junction boxes can be read here - Please Read: IMPORTANT - Installing Hikvision IP Cameras Correctly

3. Rotating the image won't affect how the AcuSense features perform.

This article explains how to rotate a camera's image - How-to: How do I set up Corridor Mode on my Hikvision Turret, Bullet or Mini Dome IP CCTV camera and adjust my stream layout to accommodate for it?

Last edited:
No problem at all, and thank you very much! Welcome to the forums :)

Back