01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Video loss problems?

I have:
Internet to switch
Front pano to switch
Rear pano to switch
Front ptz to switch
Switch to LAN.

That’s all the injectors I had, will report back after tonight.
Fingers crossed for plenty of activity.

I’m hopeful the network switch resolved the issue. No video loss alerts, and nothing missing in the timeline. I can’t believe you can sell a powered nvr that can’t make use of the powered function. Unless there’s other information you’d like to know to help someone else in the future it looks like the network switch to nvr lan is the solution.

What’s your recommendation for powering these cameras, Poe switch or buy 3 more injectors?

@Dan are there any known problems with cameras connected to the M series rear PoE ports?
Unless there’s other information you’d like to know to help someone else in the future it looks like the network switch to nvr lan is the solution.

I would go for an 8 port poe switch, then you have spare ports.

Hello hurri10209,

I've got the same model of NVR as you and I'm seeing the same problems you're experiencing. I think I've identified part of the problem I'm getting and I'd be interested to know if the same thing works for you.

Having read through this thread, if my understanding is correct, you have 4 cameras which were originally connected to the PoE ports D1, D2, D3 and D4 on your NVR and you were experiencing drop outs and lagging Live View images from all 4 cameras.

You then mention connecting a 5th camera (fisheye) to your NVR and that worked fine without any problems. Did you connect that 5th camera to PoE port D5?

If you did then try connecting your original 4 cameras to PoE ports D5, D6, D7 and D8. Do not use ports D1 to D4 or D9 to D12

Please let us all know what happens because if your system works ok after trying this method then this would be valuable information to help narrow down the cause.

Thank you.

John H.

Hello hurri10209,

I've got the same model of NVR as you and I'm seeing the same problems you're experiencing. I think I've identified part of the problem I'm getting and I'd be interested to know if the same thing works for you.

Having read through this thread, if my understanding is correct, you have 4 cameras which were originally connected to the PoE ports D1, D2, D3 and D4 on your NVR and you were experiencing drop outs and lagging Live View images from all 4 cameras.

You then mention connecting a 5th camera (fisheye) to your NVR and that worked fine without any problems. Did you connect that 5th camera to PoE port D5?

If you did then try connecting your original 4 cameras to PoE ports D5, D6, D7 and D8. Do not use ports D1 to D4 or D9 to D12

Please let us all know what happens because if your system works ok after trying this method then this would be valuable information to help narrow down the cause.

Thank you.

John H.
Yes, originally it was d1-4 then another camera was added, d6 I think. The fisheye had no activity, inside and aimed at the ceiling (sitting on a shelf). The resolution was add a network switch and set all cameras to static. If this was a home unit I would mess with it a bit more but the amount of time I already have invested I think I will leave it as is. I do have a few more cameras I need to connect but it may not be until the spring, I will try them on ports other than ports previously used, if successful I will report back. I won’t be doing this until around April.
Thanks
-Chris

Back