01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Video loss problems?

Just to be sure, there is no setting change to make when using the injector with a Poe NVR? Under the power usage page it displays “shorted” or “short circuit” on the cameras connected to the injector. I just assumed this was normal when using an injector.
i did think of this, what model of power injector are you using?

Just posting the log from last night because there was flurries (snow) and whenever there is anything falling from the sky the cameras have tons of disconnects, I haven't been able to post that because the weather wasn't cooperating. Ill update once I have the line test completed. Obviously adjusting the prerecord times didn't make any affect.

Attachments

• 20230112090631logBack.txt
    253.6 KB · Views: 160
Just posting the log from last night because there was flurries (snow) and whenever there is anything falling from the sky the cameras have tons of disconnects, I haven't been able to post that because the weather wasn't cooperating. Ill update once I have the line test completed. Obviously adjusting the prerecord times didn't make any affect.
I guess that with snow / rain etc the video changes and bitrate changes as well. The logs show all cameras disconnecting and reconnecting.

D1 and D4 common error is Lost SYN -- rtsp data lost sync

D1 D2 D3 D4 common error TCP Recv error -- recv over rtsp data err

You could always try testing the cables yourself using the klein tools vdv501-851 test set you have. Best done with 2 people, possible with one. see YouTube for usage and reviews. I've used mainly fluke test sets for data cable testing, they all do the same basic functions.

Following on from my last post....

Could you send me a log from one of the Hikvision cameras? Let me know which one you choose.

For the Hikvision cameras check the NVR PoE long / short distance setting. I don't know the distances to set the two parameters. The theory is increased camera video activity needs more camera processing power and more current from the NVR PoE supply. The camera could have an internal watchdog circuit that realises the current supply is failing and quickly reboots the camera.

The Dahua cameras use the 60W power injectors and I assume they are designed for the ptz camera. Could you send a log from the Dahuas?

David

I guess that with snow / rain etc the video changes and bitrate changes as well. The logs show all cameras disconnecting and reconnecting.

D1 and D4 common error is Lost SYN -- rtsp data lost sync

D1 D2 D3 D4 common error TCP Recv error -- recv over rtsp data err

You could always try testing the cables yourself using the klein tools vdv501-851 test set you have. Best done with 2 people, possible with one. see YouTube for usage and reviews. I've used mainly fluke test sets for data cable testing, they all do the same basic functions.
The lines were tested with the Klein tester at install 3-4weeks back, I know that’s all good. Had to reschedule line test (snow today and they wanted to come, of course).

I think I changed the Poe distance from short to long, with no difference. I read when setting too long the nitrate is reduced, given what is happening it seemed counter intuitive. My funds were sub 200’ (130’ was the longest run if I remember correctly).

The company I bought the cameras from were all out of injectors, this injector did meet all the criteria when I confirmed with the camera dealer, I have 5 more ptzs, and forgot to order the injectors so I will be ordering the injectors from the camera dealer tomorrow, I can try one of theirs when they come in.

Pretty new to the camera stuff, what log are you looking for, is it from nvr or camera gui?

Hope to have lines tested Monday or Tuesday next week.

what log are you looking for, is it from nvr or camera gui?
from the camera web GUI, use the same time range as the NVR log. Make sure all the log detail is included.

Can you operate a Pano and PTZ camera independent of the NVR? Possibly record to internal SD card, you'll need a couple of LAN network connections and PoE supply. I find it odd that all 5 NVR LAN / camera cables have a similar problem especially as they were all tested after install.

2005 to 2015 I've worked on the network side of Axis analog, IP cctv installs and Lenel access control. I learnt from the camera / Lenel guys and they learnt from me. Here is my email address if you want to contact me directly dwb5707@yahoo.co.uk.

David

from the camera web GUI, use the same time range as the NVR log. Make sure all the log detail is included.

Can you operate a Pano and PTZ camera independent of the NVR? Possibly record to internal SD card, you'll need a couple of LAN network connections and PoE supply. I find it odd that all 5 NVR LAN / camera cables have a similar problem especially as they were all tested after install.

2005 to 2015 I've worked on the network side of Axis analog, IP cctv installs and Lenel access control. I learnt from the camera / Lenel guys and they learnt from me. Here is my email address if you want to contact me directly dwb5707@yahoo.co.uk.

David
I can get a few sd cards, I have one spare 30w injector I was using for testing while waiting for the nvr, I’ll off load two cameras from the NVR (1 ptz, 1 pano) this will help point to camera or hardware/network/cable issue.

It looks like I need to get an SD card to export the logs, I will work on that next week.
Thanks

It looks like I need to get an SD card to export the logs, I will work on that next week.
Thanks
Yes, mine are recording to internal SD, I'd forgotten that. My security cameras record continuous to NVR and intrusion detection to internal SD card.

Hopefully the spreadsheet uploaded ok. I've processed the data against cameras. Not perfect and there are gaps in the data. Did you say video loss is mainly at night?

Attachments

• video loss cameras.xlsx
    20.9 MB · Views: 109
Hopefully the spreadsheet uploaded ok. I've processed the data against cameras. Not perfect and there are gaps in the data. Did you say video loss is mainly at night?
Took a few days off from the camera saga. Yes video loss is primarily in the evening. There are rare alerts (maybe 2x a week) during the day. Line test was preformed today. I have 2 lines in the same area with near end cross talk, one line is not currently used, issue was resolved when we walked the line out, the other end was in a junction box, still has cross talk (rear pano). On line had a bad pair, 7/8, not sure I may have skipped testing that one camera (front ptz), besides that everything was good. They will email me the report tomorrow, I already received a front pano loss this evening. I had someone else reconnect the nvr (everything returned to the original position), they did omit the power injectors for the ptz’s, I left it that was and said we’ll see if it flakes out tonight (already answered). I think I’m going to take 2 cameras off (either pano or ptz’s) and see if there is still video loss, if so, I’ll try the other two, if there is still video loss it’s back to the drawing board. At this point I’m hoping I have a faulty camera that’s back feeding in some manner that’s causing the malfunction.
Network question, the ptz’s are set to static, I did have overlapping up addresses on channels that weren’t being used (changed today, though I didn’t think that would be the issue), I set the gateway as 192.168.254.1 (internal nic address), I believe this to be correct, but figured it’s worth asking.

Network question, the ptz’s are set to static, I did have overlapping up addresses on channels that weren’t being used (changed today, though I didn’t think that would be the issue), I set the gateway as 192.168.254.1 (internal nic address), I believe this to be correct, but figured it’s worth asking.
My cameras are set to DHCP, this allows easier recovery if the router fails. If the new router has a different LAN subnet the cameras / NVR will still get an IP address. Not all routers allow you to set the LAN subnet. Then I'd check the router or use the SADP tool to see the NVR / camera IP addresses.
I use the router to assign static IP addresses to the NVR / cameras.

I set the gateway as 192.168.254.1 (internal nic address), I believe this to be correct, but figured it’s worth asking.
Did you mean the "Internal NIC IP Address" is 192.168.254.1? The LAN Gateway should be your router address.

As mentioned in an earlier thread its time to run two cameras (Pano / PTZ) independent of the NVR.

I’m hoping I have a faulty camera that’s back feeding in some manner that’s causing the malfunction.
For me this points to the NVR, either faulty or has setting problem(s). We'll know more when the two cameras are working off the NVR

David

My cameras are set to DHCP, this allows easier recovery if the router fails. If the new router has a different LAN subnet the cameras / NVR will still get an IP address. Not all routers allow you to set the LAN subnet. Then I'd check the router or use the SADP tool to see the NVR / camera IP addresses.
I use the router to assign static IP addresses to the NVR / cameras.

Did you mean the "Internal NIC IP Address" is 192.168.254.1? The LAN Gateway should be your router address.

As mentioned in an earlier thread its time to run two cameras (Pano / PTZ) independent of the NVR.

For me this points to the NVR, either faulty or has setting problem(s). We'll know more when the two cameras are working off the NVR

David
Left out a helpful detail, last night I connected a 12mp dahua fisheye to a 7’ cat 5, and tossed it on the nvr, not a single drop alert. I’ll wait for the line test results via email, I’ll link a video where a (not my) cable passes the qualification test but was still insufficient for Poe because of resistance (didn’t see until after the test, so not sure if I will have the cable resistance). Making headway.

I have a few lines that are still inside (haven’t made it outside yet), those were tested too, I used two different brands (brand a, brand b), all cameras are wired to brand a, I’ll connect the fish eyes to brand a tonight, if it fails I’ll connect to brand b, if it continues to work I’ll run a couple new lines to see if that resolves the issue.

Last edited:
so not sure if I will have the cable resistance
a cable on the cusp of PoE resistance fail may go over the edge when IR / LED lights switch on at night. I don't think this applies to all your cables.

I connected a 12mp dahua fisheye to a 7’ cat 5, and tossed it on the nvr, not a single drop alert.
was that an overnight test? We need the results of the brand a / b tests. I'd also move the pano / plz off the NVR.

(brand a, brand b),
what are the specifications of the cables?

That’s the wire most of my cameras are on, brand b is I think a mono price cat5 cable, I do have brand c also pictured (brown box), this is what I had run for a couple drops but not yet put into service.

The 12mp dahua was run all night in the dark inside the office.

Once I see if the camera fails on brand a I will start removing devices from nvr.

Attachments

• 0C3F474D-9B95-49B3-95B8-4E29F602E219.jpeg
    0C3F474D-9B95-49B3-95B8-4E29F602E219.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 86
  • 6F8E9EF5-2508-4D33-AC46-18A9943793D3.jpeg
    6F8E9EF5-2508-4D33-AC46-18A9943793D3.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 98
Back