01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Video loss problems?

I tried the 12mp dahua on one of the other lines, to my surprise it didn’t drop out. I will take the ptz’s off the nvr (I still need to get the sd cards).

My new M series, has issues with the POE ports, try a separate switch!
I’ll give the switch a try, maybe Friday I’ll introduce that to see what happens.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I still have not received a copy of the wire test results to post.

i don’t want to jinx it, but, I would have usually had video loss by now, pulled the ptz’s off of the nvr, currently 2 panoramics and 1 fisheye, no video loss, I’m optimistic things will be good in the morning. Next steps, add 1 ptz if it fails remove then try the other, if both fail try a different injector? I have the fisheye network settings setup the same (with he exception of the IP address).
Finally progress.

Front pano had one video loss alert, It was a clear night which generally means less drops, snow is forecasted for tonight and Friday night, thoughts?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Is the front pano off the NVR? Its not clear which camera is connected where now. If its off the NVR and still had a video loss, how did the other cameras behave?

Is the front pano off the NVR? Its not clear which camera is connected where now. If its off the NVR and still had a video loss, how did the other cameras behave?
I still haven’t picked up sd cards, connected to the nvr is 2 hikvision panoramics and 1 dahua fish eye. The drop that occurred around 4:30 was not triggered from the newspaper delivery, they were late today. I will see what happens tonight with just those three connected to the nvr and report back.

I still haven’t picked up sd cards, connected to the nvr is 2 hikvision panoramics and 1 dahua fish eye. The drop that occurred around 4:30 was not triggered from the newspaper delivery, they were late today. I will see what happens tonight with just those three connected to the nvr and report back.
Is the fisheye pointing at a live active scene? You can send a 24hour log if you want,

David

Fish eye is just aimed up at the ceiling (no activity), it is set to 24/7 record though.

The rear pano had 2 video loss events overnight, front camera had 0.

was that due to a lack of video activity or an improvement?

David
Two nights ago it was clear and the front pano dropped once

Last night it snowed and the rear pano dropped 2x.

There is absolutely less drops since taking the ptzs off of the nvr, I’m not sure if that’s solely traffic related though, the network configurations for those ptzs are the same as the fisheye, so I don’t expect it to be a setting error.

I introduced a network switch today as John A suggested. I’ll see what happens tonight, I still have the fisheye on the nvr, connected through the switch is front pano, rear pano and front ptz, those cameras are all on injectors (except for the fisheye). If this fixes it I’ll order a Poe switch, I’m not sure if the m series offers a non powered nvr, I was trying to avoid extra equipment.

so… snowed overnight, three cams on switch connected to nvr (pano,pano, front ptz) and 1 connected direct to nvr (fisheye), not one drop, I’ll see how it goes over the weekend. I don’t have enough injectors currently to connect all. If I make it through the weekend without video loss I’ll take one pano off and put the other ptz on if all goes well I suppose I’ll order a powered Poe switch or more injectors.

so… snowed overnight, three cams on switch connected to nvr (pano,pano, front ptz) and 1 connected direct to nvr (fisheye), not one drop, I’ll see how it goes over the weekend. I don’t have enough injectors currently to connect all. If I make it through the weekend without video loss I’ll take one pano off and put the other ptz on if all goes well I suppose I’ll order a powered Poe switch or more injectors.
did you do a full factory reset of the NVR?

Not recently, I did a week or 2 ago, didn’t resolve any issues.
Ok, I think when I added the switch and set the cameras to a static IP I lost the video loss alert. Looking in the timeline I have missing data, I set the alert to on, I expect to have video loss tonight. I’ll work on getting the sd cards for better information.

Ok, I think when I added the switch and set the cameras to a static IP I lost the video loss alert. Looking in the timeline I have missing data, I set the alert to on, I expect to have video loss tonight. I’ll work on getting the sd cards for better information.
Are the cameras and NVR LAN port connected to your POE switch and the switch uplink connected to the LAN? Are you using IP addresses from the LAN subnet?

Are the cameras and NVR LAN port connected to your POE switch and the switch uplink connected to the LAN? Are you using IP addresses from the LAN subnet?
This was my thoughts as well, I did use the nvr Poe port to the switch, I’ll reconfigure and connect the switch to the nvr lan port. I might have time to do this today.

Just to be clear I don’t have a Poe switch currently but have on hand 3 injectors.

Currently nvr is set to dhcp for the lan port and is using the same subnet the rest of my network is using. The nvr camera (internal?) side is using a separate subnet. The cameras have not been on the network independent of the nvr as of this point. I’ll change the cameras back to dhcp and connect everything to the switch then to the lan port of nvr.

If I misunderstood let me know.
Thanks.

This was my thoughts as well, I did use the nvr Poe port to the switch, I’ll reconfigure and connect the switch to the nvr lan port. I might have time to do this today.

Just to be clear I don’t have a Poe switch currently but have on hand 3 injectors.

Currently nvr is set to dhcp for the lan port and is using the same subnet the rest of my network is using. The nvr camera (internal?) side is using a separate subnet. The cameras have not been on the network independent of the nvr as of this point. I’ll change the cameras back to dhcp and connect everything to the switch then to the lan port of nvr.

If I misunderstood let me know.
Thanks.
ok, I thought you'd moved to a switch. All my cameras connect to the NVR via PoE switches to the NVR LAN port, I've never used the NVR PoE ports.

ok, I thought you'd moved to a switch. All my cameras connect to the NVR via PoE switches to the NVR LAN port, I've never used the NVR PoE ports.
I have moved to a switch, not a Po3 though (using injectors I had on hand).

Current set up as follows:
Internet to nvr lan
Front pan, rear pano, front ptz on switch, nvr poe1 to swtich
Fisheye (inside) connected to nvr poe5( don’t quote on port number).

I will be moving to:
Internet to switch, cams to switch (current), nvr lan to switch.

If I’m successful running cams through a switch/injector combo I’ll end up with a poe switch ultimately.

Back