01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Viewing cameras on a 4g network?

Dominic

Hi, I have moved to an area where there is only 4g network available.
Ports cannot be opened on 4g networks , has anyone any solutions for this problem

What are you trying to achieve please?
Camera / NVR models?
How many cameras?
Security or web attraction (streaming)?

What are you trying to achieve please?
Camera / NVR models?
How many cameras?
Security or web attraction (streaming)?
Even one camera would be sufficient , otherwise i have a nvr, I just want to view a camera when I am away from home

I have been installing surveillance cameras for many years ( maybe 20) but this is the first time that I had to rely on a 4g system

I have an NVR connected to a 4g router (vodafone) and it works well. Stable connection - rarely stutters unless the weather is really, really bad - very easy to plug in and set up. Alternatively you could have a POE camera connected directly to the router via a POE injector or switch if you only wanted to see one/two/three/four cameras without using an NVR.

I have an NVR connected to a 4g router (vodafone) and it works well. Stable connection - rarely stutters unless the weather is really, really bad - very easy to plug in and set up. Alternatively you could have a POE camera connected directly to the router via a POE injector or switch if you only wanted to see one/two/three/four cameras without using an NVR.
I need to view the cameras remotely

Yes - that's what I do. The NVR and a number of POE cameras are connected to the 4g router on a building in the middle of nowhere where regular internet connections can't be made - and I can review live images via my hik-connect app from anywhere else via my phone on the mobile network or wifi.
I need to view the cameras remotely

Do you open ports on your router or do you use the default ports , 80. 8000. 554

My service provider says that they cannot open ports as the service is shared on a 4g network with 254 other clients

Back