01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Voltage Display on screen

CCTVGUY99

1612381026415.png

Ok so saw this on a hik vision ptz the model is a DS-2DE4A225IW-DE Connected to a standard 7608 recorder

Its nothing special but it is run off a 12v battery and does show the battery voltage.

anyone got any idea how they are displaying live voltage on screen like this?

I assume it’s a separate 12v adapter plugged into an analogue input but would be interested to know how it works and how it is displayed on the osd

Last edited:
Hi @CCTVGUY99

Have you actually watched the live stream from this camera and confirmed that this is actually a live voltage readout? To me, it just looks like a custom OSD camera name.

We have never seen a live voltage readout on a Hikvision camera so if it is displaying this information I can only think that it is either an additional device connected to the camera or that they have customized an API file to let them display this information.

If nobody else here on the forum can offer a more detailed explanation of how they would have done this, then I would recommend you try and contact the person that shared the screenshot/information with you or contact Hikvision support directly to see if it would be possible with the cameras you have.

It would be an interesting one to solve.

What's the graphic element at the bottom right corner of the screen grab?
(is that a clue? Or not.)

@Phil the graphic is just the PTZ controls when viewing the live view in landscape on the mobile app

Hi, so yes I have watched it and the voltage is live I checked this morning and it read 12.6 skipping to 12.7

Back