01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

What camera to use

Harrytherid

Hello everybody,

I recently discovered that my cctv camera set-up as rear view and reversing cameras in my motorhome were causing more serious problems than I had previously thought because of the low resolution (420lines). I decided to try to improve the situation. To that end I bought what looks to me like a very nice 1024X768 suitably sized (8inch screen) monitor with phono and BNC sockets. I am finding, now, that I am having trouble locating suitably matched cameras. Can anyone help?

The video cables in the motorhome are fitted with phono plugs both ends and the available DC is 12 volt. The cameras would need to be weather proof and have IRcut facility. The old ones did not and the low light performance was somewhat poor as a result.

Yours Harry

Hi Harrytherid,

Unfortunately from my knowledge there isn't much on the market as of yet for high definition IP cameras for the rear view application. I could be wrong but this is as far as i'm aware.

You can however find a camera with somewhat higher resolution than the one you are currently using, say 540 TVL as appose to the 420TVL currently. You will also be able to find these slightly higher resolution cameras with the IRcut facility as well as being weatherproof as you require.

Have a look here, they may have what you're looking for!

https://www.mobilecctvsolutions.co.uk/

Hope it helps!

Happy camping!

Liam

Thanks Liam, Lots more research needed then. I'll get there in the end, I hope. I just did not realise quite how complicated is the field.

Harry

Most likely you can probably only run analogue cameras on that screen, I'd suggest getting a 1000tvl dome camera which is almost as good as 1mp 720p and just swap that with the old school one, what you will find though is, the connectors will be different, so you'll need a phono to bnc adapter(pic attached) I think 1000tvl should be more than enough for what you need.

Installer at: IseeU CCTV
Mobile: 07903322632
Web: www.iseeucctv.co.uk
Email: Info@iseeucctv.co.uk

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 365
Thanks 27901591. I seem to be getting somewhere, now so I expect I shall order something soon. I shall report the results. I did find a 1500tvl dome the other day but something put me off, I forget what. I am a bit tied up with grandsons at the moment but shortly I shall be able to give some time to the hunt.
Regards to all, Harry

Hi everybody. The nuisance is back again! How does this look? Seems to tick all the boxes or am I missing something?

1500TVL AHD CCTV Security DVR Dome Camera IR-CUT Night Vision Outdoor/Indoor Cam | eBay

Image Sensor

Image Sensor Type, CMOS

Sensor Size, 1/3 Inch

Signal System, PAL

Horizontal Resolution, 1.0MP,720P,1500TVL

Lens, 4mm

Minimum Illumination, 0.1LUX/F1.2

Waterproof, IP66

Camera Features

IR Led, 24pcs

IR Irradiation Distance, 10m~20m

S/N Ratio, > 48dB

Video Output, 1.0Vp-p/75Ω BNC

White Balance, Automatic

Backlight Compensation, Automatic

Shutter Speed, Automatic electronic shutter 1/60-1/100000 Sec

Physical Environment

Power Supply, 12V DC

Material, Metal Shell

Application, Outdoor/Indoor

Connector, BNC, DC

Operating Temperature, -10°~ 50°C(14°F~122°F)

humidity, Below 90%RH

Dimensions, 196*6.4*6.4(cm)

Sorry about the great long list. It was a nice easy to read table in word and the advert but converted itself to a list here.

Yours in hope, Harry

Oh dear, 27901591, when I read this from the web:-

AHD CCTV is an analog high definition closed-circuit television video surveillance standard that uses coax cable to transmit HD video from security cameras to DVRs. AHD supports 720p and 1080p HD video resolutions.

I think it should be OK. Now I am lost again.

Harry

Everything you said is 100% correct but try hooking a AHD camera directly to a bnc or rca input of a normal tv and it won't work, I have a analogue Cctv tester and put a analogue camera on it and it'll work fine, put AHD camera to it and nothing shows up

Attachments

• IMG_4951.JPG
    IMG_4951.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 442
Oh dear. Thanks for the very full answers 27901591. That's me well fed up, then. I don't know what to do now. I shall probably have to stick with the old system. What a shame.

Harry

Hi; back again 27901591, can't let it go can I ? This one definitely states analogue so I do hope it will do the job. It is a bit dear, especially as I shall want 2 of them and I told my wife I would not go over £100 but I have gone too far into it to quit now. I suppose I could use one of the old cameras as the rear view as that is not so critical. If it is OK then we shall see.

1200TVL CCTV Metal Dome FIXED 3.6MM Lens ANALOGUE 720P 20M Auto IR CMOS CAMERA | eBay

Any good?

Harry

Back