01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware What's the correct newest firmware for my DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) NVR?

mtv

I’ve this nvr, currently installed with v4.30.085. I’m located in the Netherlands.

when i check on nvr, it mentioned no update available.

but on uk portal there are 2 updates newer, on eu portal there are no newer versions.

Does anyone knows to what site the nvr is checking if there is an update? Same for the Hik-Connect app, also shows no update available .

Hi @mtv

The 'Check for Firmware Update' button in the 7604 NVR settings does not work, it will often say the NVR is running the latest firmware when it isn't.

We have asked Hikvision to remove this confusing feature multiple times but it still remains.

The firmware versions shown in the UK/EU portals will be the latest versions, traditionally there is no real difference between the firmware available on the UK & EU portals so it should be fine to update an EU NVR with the latest firmware available on the UK portal (sometimes the EU portal will have the newest firmware and sometimes the UK portal will have the newest firmware).

Reactions: mtv
Hi @mtv

The 'Check for Firmware Update' button in the 7604 NVR settings does not work, it will often say the NVR is running the latest firmware when it isn't.

We have asked Hikvision to remove this confusing feature multiple times but it still remains.

The firmware versions shown in the UK/EU portals will be the latest versions, traditionally there is no real difference between the firmware available on the UK & EU portals so it should be fine to update an EU NVR with the latest firmware available on the UK portal (sometimes the EU portal will have the newest firmware and sometimes the UK portal will have the newest firmware).
Hi @Dan

Thank you for confirming that the button is not working at all, confirms my thoughts. I'll update then via the manual methods.

Reactions: Dan
I’ve installed latest version. v4.30.096

issue i’ve found so far is delay in getting new view in hikconnect app, it comes with instable network remark after counting up to 100% waiting, and then it pops up. With version v4.30.085 that wasn’t the case.

but i can live with it.

Reactions: Dan
Back