01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Where did my Hikvision thread go?

Street5

Sorry guys if I'm doing something wrong. A post I made asking for Hikvision upgrade advice was moved to the Hikvision forum.
When I go to that sub forum I can't see it? I dont see much recent activity at all.
Is there a filter somewhere I'm missing? I'm worried if I cant see it can ayone esle?

Cheers

It is here:
Hikvision Upgrade Advice?

It was invisible until a short while ago.
Something caused it to be held for approval.
I approved it this afternoon.
But also moved it to the Hikvision forum, because it will get way more eyes on it there :)

Thanks for that. I still must be viewing the forum wrong. When I go to the Hikvision forum I dont see updates in cronological order. I see a lot of activity on other threads so it must be just me. This is my Hikvision forum default view.

1632845403139.png

For whatever reason there are LOADS of pinned topics (look for pin icon), I have to scroll down 5 screens worth before I see the non-pinned topics which is where you want to be looking for latest posts/comments.

Not sure why all these pinned topics, it does make using the forum slightly awkward. Some may be relevant but most are old and could do with unpinning or a master pinned topic which references other non-pinned topics perhaps?

Yes, we do need to review and revise the long list of pinned topics :oops:

For whatever reason there are LOADS of pinned topics (look for pin icon), I have to scroll down 5 screens worth before I see the non-pinned topics which is where you want to be looking for latest posts/comments.

Not sure why all these pinned topics, it does make using the forum slightly awkward. Some may be relevant but most are old and could do with unpinning or a master pinned topic which references other non-pinned topics perhaps?
Take some time to review them and you'll see they are all the how-to's and tutorials that new members need. Remove those and the forum will be filled with "how do I do this" threads. Probably more awkward.

Back