01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Which firmware should I install?

Thor

Hello I have the following devices, I am unsure on what firmware they should be, if anyone can assist ( incl the links to download then I'll do the upgrades )

This is what I have currently

NVR

1x
DS-7732NXI-I4 / S
V4.51.200 build 211026

Cameras

5 x
DS-2CD2121G0-I
B-R-E8-0
V5.7.1 build 211102

5 x
DS-2CD2347G1-L
B-R-G1-0
V5.6.6 build 210625

5 x
DS-2CD2347G2-L
B-R-G5-0
V5.7.3 build 220216

An easy way to find the latest firmware for a hik camera is simply to google the model, find the hik result for that camera, scroll to the end and you will see the latest firmware listed.

E.g., for your second camera listed - DS-2CD2121G0-I(W)(S)

An easy way to find the latest firmware for a hik camera is simply to google the model, find the hik result for that camera, scroll to the end and you will see the latest firmware listed.

E.g., for your second camera listed - DS-2CD2121G0-I(W)(S)
Is that trust worthy, someone on the forum in the past told me don't use the firmware on the website, it's buggy, rather ask here every 6 months for the link to the the current stable versions everyone is running.

Hi @Thor

@Jami3 is partially correct that you should be able to find the latest firmware on the Hikvision website product pages, but I would recommend that you only use firmware from the Hikvision website that corresponds to where you bought the cameras because some firmware can be region specific (e.g. the link above was from the Malaysian Hik website).

If you are a UK/EU customer you can also check the Hikvision Download Portal for the latest firmware, sometimes the latest firmware will appear on the Hik product pages first and sometimes it will appear in the portal first so we would check both when updating.

Below are links to the latest UK/EU firmware we could find for your models:

DS-7732NXI-I4/S --- You will see you are several versions behind on the NVR firmware, we would recommend updating to v4.60.100, then update to v4.61.000, before finally updating to the latest v4.61.066 as jumping too many firmware versions can sometimes cause issues/glitches.

DS-2CD2121G0-I --- you will want to use the IPCE_E8 firmware and not the IPCE_R_E8 version

DS-2CD2347G1-L --- as you see these models are already running the latest firmware

DS-2CD2347G2-L --- v5.7.10 is the latest version for the G5 cameras, you can update straight to this version.

Thank you so much for the information.

I will begin on that.

Unrelated.

I'm curious, we also have 12 of the DS-K1T341AMF facial recognition units, but why on earth are they not POE powered? It was such a hassle pulling network cables and additional power units for this.

Hi @Thor

There are some outlying products in the Hikvision range that won't accept PoE, it is usually to do with having unusual power requirements. I can see from the specs for this face rec terminal that it requires 2 amp input and most of the standard Hik PoE cameras require less than 1 amp so this might possibly be the issue that stops them from using PoE (this is only an idea, you would go mad if you tried to understand every unusual decision that Hikvision made about their products).

I read about ISAPI support a lot in the new firmware, what exactly is it, and what does it enable?
What use cases would ISAPI apply in?

Hi @Thor

ISAPI is an integration protocol, see the rough explanation below:

ISAPI - HIKVISION HARDWARE DEVICE INTEGRATION
Via the proprietary protocol ISAPI, Hikvision devices make a wealth of information, resources, and high-quality video available for third-party systems. This program enables external systems – such as video management software or central monitoring stations – to interact deeply with Hikvision products and leverage the high-quality built-in features of the devices.

For a system of your size it is unlikely a feature you will use, it is more aimed at large, high-security sites/systems.

I'd like to use this system to the full extend ( if there is any software better than iVMS it would be amazing, because on my M1 Mac it is basically unusable, even on the i7 Windows PC it is very inefficient. I almost want to say Hikvision should stop making hardware for 2 years and solely focus on software, their hardware is brilliant, their software... not so much. )

Another pet peeve the app, why can I not filter notifications per camera ( I have 15 cameras , that is a lot of scrolling if I am interested in a specific camera's notification. )

We also have 12 x DS-K1T341AMF

Not a small system, but not big big, iVMS to enrol users is fine, but for remote monitoring etc it's useless.

I hate Hikvision.

Installed the new firmware on the NVR

V4.61.067 build 220928

Suddenly, can no longer set the LIVE View Settings for the HDMI outputs.

What a joke, now I need to drive to the client site.

CleanShot 2022-11-04 at 11.01.33.jpg

Back