01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Which PoE Power Supply can I use with the DS-2SE4C425MWG-E Speed Dome?

Patrikk

Saluti

Vorrei alimentare la mia telecamera Speed Dome HIKVISION modello DS-2SE4C425MWG-E VIA poe+.

Vi chiedo gentilmente di sapere che tipo di alimentatore posso usare? Grazie

"Greetings

I would like to power my HIKVISION Speed Dome camera model DS-2SE4C425MWG-E VIA poe+.

I kindly ask you to know what kind of power supply can I use? Thank you"

Hi @Patrikk

Looking at the datasheet for the DS-2SE4C425MWG-E it states it uses up to 24W, so you would need to use a 30W PoE+ Injector that supports the IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at standards.

It is therefore a 48v not a 24v..I can also use this model:

TP-Link TL-POE4824G Adattatore Poe e iniettore Gigabit Ethernet 48 V​

Last edited:
Hikvision doesn't state the voltage of their cameras when using PoE, when we talk about PoE the most important things are that the PoE switch/injector provides enough Watts and meets the PoE standards used by the camera.

The specs of the PoE+ Injector I have linked you to state that it has a maximum output voltage of 51V/0.8A, which is more than enough whether the camera uses 24v or 48v.

looking at the characteristics of the

Tenda POE30G-AT Gigabit PoE Injector IEEE 802.3af/at, Output 48V-54V/30W,
the output voltage ranges from 48V to 54V, so the camera cannot use 24Volt as output voltage, also because it uses poe+ technology. Correct me if I'm wrong thanks

You are getting into a level of technical knowledge that is beyond my understanding.

Your calculations of output voltage seem to make sense so you are probably correct that the camera would be 48v and not 24v.

Back