01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Working fine until Playback failed hcnetsdk.dll[5]

anima9

Model: Ds-2CD2012F-I(W)

What happened:
1. This camera used to be unable to format and use a microsd card (128 gb), but I used another camera to do that and it was fixed.
2. Installed it again last Nov 22 and seen that it's able to record now.
3. I'm able to remote playback until Nov 23 11:59, but Nov 24 00:00 onwards, it's giving me Playback failed hcnetsdk.dll[5]. If not this error, it's "receiving data from device timed out" or "failed to receive data from the device."
4. I also can't download the videos from 24 onwards.

What I tried:
1. Rebooting (lots of times)
2. Turning all devices off except computer (using IVMS 4200 Lite and the official client)
3. Adding another user (operator)
4. Opened through ivms4500 and the hik connect app

I tried Googling my way out, but either the problem isn't fixed or the issue isn't [5]. Something happened when it changed dates that made it impossible for me to review the playback. However, it's still recording based on the screen I'm looking at + it still has current video files (which I can't download).

The one thing I haven't done is reset the camera and reformat the card, but I want that to be my last resort.

Here's an imgur link with screenshots of pertinent information.

PS: Could it be direct exposure to sunlight? I've had this camera for four years now, but it's only been exposed to direct sunlight last September 2021, but it does have a small roof above it's head, but the "lens" part is exposed because of the angle. There was also strong typhoon last November 1st week here and it hasn't been the same since.

Last edited:
I gave up on the old cam and decided to buy a brand new cam instead.

I bought myself a brand new DS-2CV2021G2-IDW. However, my cctv issues haven't stopped because I'm experiencing another playback error and I'm wondering if it's my sd card.

I reused the new SanDisk Ultra 128 gb from the previous cam. Formatted on PC, then formatted on the camera. I've set the cam to record all day 24/7. I got it up and running officially last November 28 around 18:00. I can view everything fine until I hit November 30 at somewhere between 19:40-19:45, which then gives me Play component error 3. When I then try again, it gives me "No more connections allowed" again.

I should note that around the 19:00 mark, the playback starts to slowdown instead of it being "instant" when you swipe to a timestamp, but it does show it eventually until I hit the aforementioned 19:40-ish parts.

I reformatted the card again (while inside the cam) and it's working fine, again. However, I'm not sure what will happen after yet another 48 hours.

Not sure if it's a time or a size thing. My cam's setup to record 12 gb of a day. So whatever's happening, it starts after it gathers 24 gb.

I also have a spare card (also new) of the same brand and I'm willing to test it out if shit hits the fan again.

PS: The funny thing is, this never happened before back when I used a 64 gb card. The cheap 64 gb lived for at least 4 years. Now that I went with a 128 gb, it's like the camera's allergic to bigger card sizes even though it's supposed to read up to 128 gb at least.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is odd.
We've not seen anything like this before.
I guess the next step is to see whether you experience the same issue with the other card.
Are the cards high enough spec?

Upvote 0
Both the installed card and unpacked card is a SanDisk Ultra. Speed Class 10, UHS Speed 3, V30, Bus speed 1, Full HD, A1, up to 100mb/s.

I read the link you attached and it said I should only use up to 32 gb if it's 2 mp? Any reason why?

Upvote 0
That's just a guide to achieve 5 days recording with the stated settings.

Your SanDisk cards should be fine.

Upvote 0
That's just a guide to achieve 5 days recording with the stated settings.

Your SanDisk cards should be fine.

Well, it's been over 50 hours and so far, so good. I turned off motion detection and it doesn't have errors anymore. I also enabled h265+, though not sure if that somehow affected it.

Any idea what the issue might have been?

Upvote 0
Hi. Sorry to bring up a dead thread, but I'm encountering the same issue.

What transpired so far:

I replaced the card with the new one since it had the Playback/No more connections error again at December 5 11:49 AM.

New microsd was formatted inside the camera.

Everything was fine for almost 9 days. I was checking the camera during random times. When I checked it out this morning, I noticed as soon as the time hit Dec 14 00:00 the error started again.

So far, the only thing I can think of is just a bad microsd card and I'll get a new one from a different brand sometime this weekend. For now, I'll reformat (again). This would be the third microsd card if ever.

In another forum, someone said my connections aren't being logged off or that I'm hacked by bots, which are taking up the simultaneous logs. I checked the security logs and there wasn't anything suspicious; I'm the only one accessing it. They suggested I shouldn't connect it through the internet and instead just connect to the built-in WLAN.

I also didn't use IVMS 4200 Lite in that timespan since I suspected it was the one that was causing the "connections" error (i.e. it wasn't logging me off properly).

I'm open to suggestions, even if I have to tweak some internet or port-related options. Should I disable certain security boxes? "Enable ISAPI, HTTP, and RTSP?" or tweak the Network Parameter?

Should I increase the bitrate or storage use? This error never happened before with a 64 gb that was using 21 gb per day for four years. Perhaps the cards I get don't like being recorded on too long and prefer shorter overwrite schedules?

I set it to reset every Sunday 00:00, so hopefully it's just a case of needing a restart every week.

PS: I also turned off illegal login lock, but I'm not sure if that would help at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
Any improvement?
Did you try a new card?
Did we check that you are running the latest firmware?

We are not seeing anybody else report the issue that you're experiencing, hopefully you can resolve it soon.

Upvote 0
Hello.

I haven't bought a new card since I wanted to see if the pattern repeats and it did. At around 63 gb left, the problem happened again today (no more connections allowed during playback), which all but indicates that this is a card problem.

As for firmware, not sure how to upgrade it. It says firmware can't be upgraded, so maybe that's not an option.

My plan is to let it overwrite and see if it fixes itself over the next 7 days.

I'll be buying a new 64 gb and a new 128 gb from a different seller that guarantees authenticity. There's a chance my sd cards aren't designed to be recorded or just fakes.

I'm also wondering if I should tweak something for it to record beyond 64 gb because as I mentioned, this never happened before for four years on a really old model that ran on 64 gb.

At this point, I'm just glad cards are cheap.

Upvote 0
Omg. I just realized you can manually download the firmware from Hikvision. I upgraded it with
Firmware_V5.5.821_220824. Crossing my fingers that this will fix it.

Upvote 0
Hello. Back again.

The error popped up probably when the card had only 60+ gb again. I don't have the time to manually check when the camera started having the no more users error, but it's likely the same number of days/based on memory used.

I'll be buying a new card from a new shop since right now, I'm chalking it up to a fake sandisk sd card, but it won't be until the weekend.

For now, here's a recording of my settings. Not sure if I'm risking being hacked or what, but maybe you know some settings I don't.

Do note that I don't have an NVR; my setup is Computer>router>wifi extender>camera.

I'm using an extender not because the distance from the camera to my main router is far, but because obstructed by walls and a thick ceiling. I'm fairly certain it's not the extender, though, since it's been with me since 2018 and the old camera with the old firmware running an old 64 gb card used to run fine with it.

However, perhaps the extender has run its course, so perhaps I'll remove the extender and see how it goes.

For now, please have a look at my settings and let me know my options.

PS: I tried to record using the IVMS 4200 Lite app, but my default screen recorder didn't show any of the windows I opened, so I made do with the web portal.

Upvote 0
Hi. Last update (hopefully).

The damn thing is working perfect now.

The only difference was the shop I bought a new microsdcard from. The seller that got rave reviews was, in fact, selling FAKES!

Lesson learned! Never trust reviews and don't be fooled by "huge discounts." Always buy from official dealers.

Upvote 0
Back