01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

32 Channel NVR - Number of channels problem

Marco Hill

Hi everyone,

I ran into a problem with my 32 Channel Hikvision NVR that I wanted to see if someone could point me in the right direction.

I have a DS-773NI-I4(B)

However you can see in the picture that the Number of channels is 24.

When I tried to add an additional camera I am not able to and tells me I have maxed out my channels as I am at 24 cameras at the moment.

However this is a 32 channel NVR and that's what I purchased from my supplier.

Thank you.

I will also send an email to my supplier to see what they have to say.

I have never ran into the problem before.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-27 at 4.50.25 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-27 at 4.50.25 PM.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 195
Hi,

I have a similar NVR but with POE ports DS-7732NI-I4/16P(B)

I checked the same system/system settings page on mine... it shows number of channels 11... I have 11 cameras connected so that setting must be showing the number 24 you have connected not the max number of cameras 32

That doesn't explain why you can't connect another camera though...

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the issue you are having adding more than 24 cameras but the NVR firmware V4.40.16 build 200803 is a bit old.

The latest versions are V4.60.000 and V4.60.005 but I have had some problems with those so I have V.4.51.025 Build 210927 installed and all is good.

However, I wouldn't recommend changing the firmware without checking with your supplier and/or one of the experienced admins here...

Just to update everyone.

I spoke to my suppliers tech team and they told me to update the firmware.

This fixed the problem and I can now add more cameras.

So if anyone has issues loading cameras onto this type of NVR make sure to update the firmware to avoid this problem.

Thanks @johnfitzy for the info above also.

Hi Marco,

Did you upgrade to the latest firmware V4.60.005? If so, is playback running smoothly?

I had problems with that version but I'm assuming it works well for most others... I'm trying to figure out what's different about my configuration... I have 7 8MP cameras that work well with V4.51.025 but studder and stall on playback with V4.60.00 or V4.60.005.

Hi John,

Sorry for only getting back to you now. From what I can tell my playback is fine. Did you try checking with your suppliers tech support team also.

Hi Marco,

I find these forums to be the best place for tech support...

The playback issue/stuttering seems to only happen with G5 series cameras... even then, I'm not sure others have the same problem... it may be something unique to my setup... have been asking on this other thread here:

Happy to hear your system is running well!

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the issue you are having adding more than 24 cameras but the NVR firmware V4.40.16 build 200803 is a bit old.

The latest versions are V4.60.000 and V4.60.005 but I have had some problems with those so I have V.4.51.025 Build 210927 installed and all is good.

However, I wouldn't recommend changing the firmware without checking with your supplier and/or one of the experienced admins here...
Hi,
Could you help me with firmware V.4.51.025 Build 210927 for NVR DS-7732NI-I4 (B) ?

After updating the Hikvision NVR DS-7732NI-I4 (B) (to version V4.60.005 build 220108) I started to have the following problem:
- randomly, the image on some cameras freezes and a green spot appears. (I didn't have this problem before the update).

Thanks.

Hi @cllaudiiu

Others have had the same green screen issue and resolved it by going back to V4.51.025. You can read more in these 2 threads:

What max bitrates are you running your cameras at? I seem to only have issues with the new versions V4.60 with my cameras set to 16384 kbps.

If you do choose to go back to V4.51.025 be very careful because the NVR may reset and require you set things up again... that's not a big issue BUT I had a big problem getting "Online" for Hik-connect platform access because I did not unbind the NVR from Hik-connect before I downgraded the firmware. Had to contact Hikvision support to adjust something in their server so I could get "Online" again.

Back