01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Apple Mojave, Safari 12 and Samsung NVR

Mikos

Hi All
I am having a similar issue and in need of help to get the system back up and running. I can no longer view my cameras via the safari browser which worked perfectly in search and record functions. Now it just sticks in a loop to download the safari plugin and doesn't go any further. Here is my current system and the errors I'm getting with Safari, chrome, firefox and SeaMonkey.

Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 10.21.57 am.png

Samsung NVR-3010 64 Channel

Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 10.08.28 am.png

This never seems to work and always pops up every time I open the safari page.

Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 10.25.10 am.png

This is the error I get with Chrome, firefox and SeaMonkey

Safari : Version 12.0 (14606.1.36.1.9)
Chrome: Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Firefox: Version 62.0.3 (64-bit)
SeaMonkey: Version 2.49.4

Any information or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 10.22.38 am.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 10.22.38 am.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 400
Sorry, you are the first to raise this, I'll ask Hanwha Wisenet Tech Support and update later

Hi, unfortunately, Hanwha Tech Support UK have no Apple Macs to use for testing.
We have checked browser access to a newer model NVR from one of our Macs here, and it works without any problems (Safari & Chrome).

It would be a good first step to make sure that your NVR is running the latest firmware.
Hanwha Tech Support advise the latest version is V2.10 available to download here:
XRN-3010 | Hanwha Techwin - Security Global Leader

Hi Phil
I tried an older imac using safari 10 and it worked fine, now after upgrading the firmware I can no longer view it on any mac as the nvr viewer download keeps coming up, I install it and it just keeps popping back up every time. NVR is now running V2.10. Is there a way I can reverse the firmware update, that way atleast I can still view it on my old imac.

Please try:
  1. Locate the downloaded 'nvr viewer'
  2. Restart your Mac
  3. Before you open any browsers or other programs run the 'nvr viewer' as the very first thing you do after your Mac restart
  4. Then, after that has completed, try viewing again with Safari 10

Hi Phil, Thank you for your advise. I have done as you said and have gotten further than before. It will load the NVR viewer software now and will do one of three things. Sometimes it tries to load and then has an error that the plugin password failed ( I had no idea the plugin had a password ) the second is that it sometimes loads the cameras and only shows 4 or 5 cameras live and the rest have a circle and line across and when i click on those it states that the plugin has failed and the third is that if the plugin fails on safari I will go into a new private tab and try access it and more cameras are viewable with only 4 or 5 not showing out of the 28 we have on site. Im stumped but at least I can view a few of them, I may need to find out how to add a network share to the NVR so I can record straight to the share until I can work this out. I have contacted Hanwha tech support about this and they have put the blame on Apple and asked me to ask Apple why have they taken the function out of safari 12, but isn't the manufacturer of the device supposed to keep up with the OS updates. I don't think Apple are going to listen to little me about my issue, they just want to keep pushing newer software. Anyway, I appreciate the help you have given me regarding this issue Phil, I can see most of the cameras now :)

Hi Phil

I too am having this issue when trying to access a Samsung SRN-473S using Safari 12 on MacOS High Sierra and Mojave. I don't recall the NVR firmware version but I upgraded it within the last 6 months so it's either up to date or very recent. I contacted Hanwha UK Tech support and they told me to contact the shop where I bought the system components; I await a response to my subsequent email to them. With this being a browser issue, all the shop can do is forward my mail to Hanwha. Hopefully Hanwha are investigating the same issue in other geographies as this must be a global problem.

Back