01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AX PRO AX Pro Home Arm configuration?

Hikvision's AX PRO intruder alarm systems

Sitchey

Hi
Ive just setup a Ax Pro (96 devices hub).

All is working fine but have a few user questions

1. At Home Arm Setting
(icon with person inside the house)

I have PIRs and magentic detectors, but not sure what this sets when it's armed. I thought it would just be perimeter so the Magentic door detectors. But a PIR set it off. Is there a way to configure what is turned on by that setting? Or do I just have to create a new zone for that and assign my door connecors.

2. Linked Devices
Do you need to connect all your sounders, and repeaters to all area? Or will they just work without being connected to any area in particular?

3. Zones
I noticed that the device assigns a zone auto to each device that's added. When the alarm goes off the unit tells you what zone went off, rather than the area. So you have to remember what zone is what.

Is there a way to change the zones other than having to repair them all? Or can the unit report on the areas rather than zones?

Thanks for your input.

Great to hear that your Ax Pro (96 devices hub) setup is working well! Here are some answers to your questions:

1. At Home Arm Setting:
    • The "At Home Arm" setting is typically used to arm only the perimeter sensors, allowing you to move freely inside the house without triggering the alarm. However, it seems your PIR sensors are also being activated. To configure what is armed in this setting:
      • Check your app settings: There should be an option in your Ax Pro system app to customize the "At Home Arm" mode. Look for settings related to zones or sensors within the "At Home Arm" mode and select only the perimeter sensors (like magnetic door detectors).
      • Create a custom zone: If the app doesn't allow detailed customization of the "At Home Arm" mode, you can create a new custom zone specifically for the perimeter. Assign only the magnetic door connectors to this zone and use it when you're at home.
  2. Linked Devices:
    • Sounders and Repeaters: Generally, sounders (alarms) and repeaters (signal boosters) should work across all areas without needing to be specifically connected to each area. However, you may need to ensure they are correctly configured within the system:
      • Sounders: Ensure that sounders are configured to respond to alarms from any area or zone. This is usually a default setting, but it's good to double-check in the device settings.
      • Repeaters: These should automatically extend the signal range for all devices in your setup. Ensure they are placed strategically to cover the areas needed and are properly synced with your hub.
  3. Zones:
    • Changing Zones: Typically, you can rename zones or assign devices to different zones without re-pairing them. Check your app or system’s settings for options to rename zones or reassign devices:
      • Renaming Zones: Go to the device management section in your app, find the zone you want to rename, and look for an option to edit the zone name.
      • Reassigning Devices: If you need to move devices between zones, look for an option in the device settings to change the assigned zone.
    • Reporting by Area: Some systems allow customization of the notification and reporting settings:
      • Notification Settings: Check if there’s an option to change notifications to report by area instead of zone. This might be under advanced settings or notification preferences.
If the app or system interface doesn’t provide these options, referring to the user manual or contacting the manufacturer’s support for detailed guidance can be very helpful.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks

I was able to figure out the home mode. Devices being added are auto added to the home zone. I had to toggle switch on Stay arm bypass to on for devices I wanted to exclude. So working now

One other random question on the keypads

I have a keypad by the back door. That area has a door magnet and PIR. I set the alarm using the keypad the back door needs to be closed (so magnet is not broken). No issues

I use my main pin, then press away. Alarm locks.

When I get home I try to unlock on the keypad. Use the same pin then press unlock. It never unlocks. I have to use my phone to unlock before alarm goes off. Is there a particular way you have to enter the pin and click unlock?

Back