01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Block the users of hikconnect from changing camera names?

eltallersoluciones

Hi there,
i installed an DS-7616NI-Q2 in a building and the tenants keep changing the aliases of each camera.
There is a way to prevent this?
and in another topic its kinda concerning that anyone can see the public ip of the device entering in his hikconnect page under other´s shared devices
They only need to view the live feed and nothing else.
Sorry if this is confusing its not my first languaje,
Thank you

i installed an DS-7616NI-Q2 in a building and the tenants keep changing the aliases of each camera.
There is a way to prevent this?
You should be able to setup a guest user account for live view only user manual here

Overview here

If a lot of people already know the public IP address then it is difficult to control. You need to change the public IP and then find an app with admin and guest setup privileges, then you will have to setup the app on each users phone.

Upvote 0
You should be able to setup a guest user account for live view only
OP mentions 'shared devices' so looks to be using the Hik-Connect service as the connection method. As the connection is shared I think you end up with full access.

@eltallersoluciones - I think to restrict it, you would have to set the system up so that connection with the Hik-Connect app is using IP/Domain rather than going through the Hik-Connect service. Then you set up a user and password for all tenants and could restrict the available functions to just live view and playback as @David has suggested.

Upvote 0
Back