01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Bug - Mouse Wheel - Various K Series Models/Firmwares

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
@Kyle - Another bug to report that affects various models and firmwares. After pausing playback on the locally connected monitor, the mouse wheel can be used to move through footage frame by frame. Rolling the wheel forward advances a frame at a time and backward should go back a frame at a time. However there is a bug on certain models/versions where it goes forward a frame at a time regardless of which way you scroll the mouse wheel (can't go backwards)

I first discovered this when I handed over an installation a few weeks ago, that model was:

DS-7604NI-K1/4P (C revision K9B2 platform) - Firmware 4.72.106_220725

Then I found the same while trying to get a still of some wildlife - a Common Little Scrote (a shy but ballsy creature, usually seen after dark with a masked face and tracksuit) The CLS was rifling through the contents of my mothers car, looking for easy pickings. The NVR model there is:

DS-7616NI-K2/16P (original version) - Firmware 4.32.115_211129. There is a newer version of firmware for that model (4.71.005) and I've not loaded it yet to test but I imagine if the bug wasn't known about it may not have been patched.

Thanks @JB1970 - I'll let Hikvision know and test the issue on our 7608NI-K2 on that newest firmware.

I'll come back with any update I can here, as usual.

So how does this sound: My scrote neighbor is a bloody bollocks wanker whose manky muppet of a wife is an uphill gardener.

Is that any good? None of it makes sense but Google says it's awesome.

Back