01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera boxes greyed out on iVMS 4200

Ironside

Before anybody says something, yes, I know that I have already been talking about a similar problem I'm having with this camera. However, I want to start a new thread because I want to be a bit more specific about the problem.

I have got one of those little HD mini IP cameras located in the bird box. I have included a photo showing the exact model I am using. The camera is plugged into the back of my HILOOK DVR which is manufactured by HIvision. A few days ago when I switched on iVMS 4200 the bird box camera was all greyed out. If I look on my main monitor that is plugged into the DVR it's just a black screen. At first, I thought it was the camera that had packed up, or maybe the cable was bad. However, if that was the case then I believe you would just have some writing in the square saying something along the lines of "no device installed". I can't remember exactly what it says because I have seven other cameras plugged into my DVR. Anyway, the fact that there is no message obviously means the DVR is seeing something. I'm hoping that it's just the setting that has been altered somewhere. I have included a screenshot to show you what I'm seeing. If anybody has some advice that I will be very grateful.

Oh, before you ask, yes I have looked at other messages relating to cameras being "greyed out" but they didn't really help.
5528_xl.jpg
2020-04-11.png

Back