01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

0utD00r$m@n

New to the forum so mods please move this to the appropriate location. Anyways, I work in the IT dept for a technical school. I am having issues with three ACTi model B59 cameras. These are indoor 360 IP cameras. The issue is that the cameras will lose network connectivity and never recover. The server will need to be rebooted or the camera will have to be removed and added back for it to work again. I have tested all of the cables and they have passed the cable certification. They are connected directly to the switch. Two of the cameras are connected to one switch while the other is on a different switch . I have tried moving the cables to different ports on the switch. We have 13 other cameras on this server with other cameras on the same two switches that do not have the same problems and our Sys Admin has assured me that all of the settings are the same for all of the camera ports on the switch. I have ensured that the server and client software is up to date. I have ensured that the camera firmware is up to date. I have even replaced the cameras themselves and the problem persists. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, nothing springs to mind. Register the problem with ACTi's helpdesk and I'm sure they'll help you - ACTi Corporation
Support -> Customer Helpdesk

I have already submitted a ticket with ACTi's helpdesk but they were unable to help me resolve the issue. They said the issue most likely resides in the settings on the switch but my Sys Admin swears that all the settings are correct.

Back