01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can’t log into nvr from a PC on the same network?

Ruttla

Hi

I’m a novice networker, but set up a new hikvision cctv system.
My 8 cameras are all wired in via switches, not directly into the nvr. I used a monitor during setting up the nvr but now have the monitor disconnected.
From my iPhone and using hik-connect app, I can view the nvr and the individual cameras as well as play back images. Whether I’m on the network or not.
From one of my desktop computers which is hardwired to the network, I can use the hikvision software to locate the devices and change ip addresses etc. However I can’t log in to the nvr, neither can I playback footage. I can log in via a browser to each individual camera but the IP address for nvr doesn’t work despite the SADP tool showing the nvr as online and providing it’s credentials.
where have I gone wrong?
thank you

It may be a domain range / IP addressing issue.
If you upload a screenshot of your SADP results table (full screen) we might be able to spot something for you.

Upvote 0
Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
Did you perhaps change the NVRs http port from its default? If so you need to append the IP address with the port number ie http://192.168.0.250:8080 (amend to suit your IP and http port number)

Otherwise if you are on the same network as your NVR and you have set a static IP for the NVR - could you possibly have another device using the same IP address as it? SADP would still find the device using its MAC address.

Upvote 0
It may be a domain range / IP addressing issue.
If you upload a screenshot of your SADP results table (full screen) we might be able to spot something for you.
Hi Phil

Screen shot below. Thank you for help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-31 16.29.57.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-31 16.29.57.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 456
Upvote 0
Hi @Ruttla

The issue is likely IPv4 Gateway address which on the majority of your cameras is not set to anything (0.0.0.0)

You need to follow the steps in the below forum guide to confirm what your IPv4 Gateway address actually is:

If the gateway is 192.168.1.1 (which you currently have 2 of the devices set to) then you should set all the cameras and the NVR to that gateway address, if it comes out that the IPv4 address is completely different, then you will need to change all the IPv4 gateway address to match.

Upvote 0
Hi @Ruttla

The issue is likely IPv4 Gateway address which on the majority of your cameras is not set to anything (0.0.0.0)

You need to follow the steps in the below forum guide to confirm what your IPv4 Gateway address actually is:

If the gateway is 192.168.1.1 (which you currently have 2 of the devices set to) then you should set all the cameras and the NVR to that gateway address, if it comes out that the IPv4 address is completely different, then you will need to change all the IPv4 gateway address to match.
Hi Dan

I have altered the ipv4 addresses as recommended, using the SADP tool. However, I still cant remotely log into the NVR. It does appear though that I can now play back footage using the iVMS-4200 program. Although its a sketchy, sometimes i get error messages. I also still cant remotely manage the nvr/change settings. Screen shots below.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-31 17.28.19.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-31 17.28.19.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 253
  • Screenshot 2021-03-31 17.28.06.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-31 17.28.06.png
    186 KB · Views: 258
Upvote 0
Within iVMS what happens when you select your NVR in the device list and click the "Remote Configuration" option at the top of that list?

Upvote 0
There are two things it could be that I can think of:

1 - If something else also has the same IP address on your network - that will cause it. Depending on the router you may be able to check the connected devices there. If not just pull the network plug on the NVR and ping 192.168.113 - if you get a response then something else has that address. Of course not all devices are guaranteed to respond to a ping so you could just try changing the IP of the NVR to something different and higher in the range (192.168.1.250 for example)

2 - Reconnect the monitor and in the menu go to Maintenance > System Service > System Service and make sure that the http service box is checked/enabled. Without that box checked the web server is disabled on port 80. You would normally only disable the http service if you wanted to enforce the use of https

Upvote 0
Hi everyone. Thanks for your help so far.

I hooked up a monitor to the nvr yesterday and had a rummage in the settings. I believe I now have DDNS set up correctly. My Hik-Connect app is still working as it was before and from the Hik-Connect webpage I can see the status and address of my nor, however when I follow the link it brings up the webpage for my router Not the nvr.

I still can’t access the nvr locally either. I either get an error message or it wont load at all. The nvr is still visible through the SADP tool and ivms software provided with the nvr but it wine let me alter settings Other than its ip address.

Upvote 0
That's doesn't sound right. If entering your web address brings up the router webpage rather than the DVR that might indicate that you have your routers remote admin function switched on (which is a bad idea)? and that the port for the router web server is 80 - the same as the NVR. That might explain why you cannot connect to the NVR webpage remotely (but wouldn't explain why you cannot access it locally)

Upvote 0
Hi, Im new to this.
I am trying to log into the web brower using the IP address and I constantly get an error message that says" incorrect password" I know the password is correct". I would like to reset the password and need help to do this.

Upvote 0
Hi, Im new to this.
I am trying to log into the web brower using the IP address and I constantly get an error message that says" incorrect password" I know the password is correct". I would like to reset the password and need help to do this.
Hi @Paisanas Can you start a new thread please?
And please provide details of your equipment / setup.

Upvote 0
Back