01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can a Hikvision 180 ColorVu DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL 8MP be wall mounted without the Long Camera Wall Mount?

JohnZ

I am in the process of upgrading a Hikvision cam system and I live in Florida where I need to be concerned about Tropical Storms and Hurricanes in addition to the camera being easily stolen. I am looking at the 180 degree turret cam ( DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL) that can be rotated within it's base but it appears to need a mount if it's on the wall. I am trying to find out before I buy it if it can be mounted against the wall the way it is sold and still be able to lock the turret in it's center of rotation instead of at the ends of it's axis within the mount.

Thank you for helping....
1688166304108.png

Last edited:
Hi @JohnZ

If you look at the use-IP product page for this camera you will see the below important information about this camera:

- Currently does not support the use of privacy masks​
- Currently you can only mount this camera on the ceiling​
- It features both alarm and audio I/O terminal connections​
- 2 x 4mm lenses are stitched together for the 180° FoV​
- Although features 2 lenses only requires 1 Channel on an NVR​
- Not compatible with the DS-7604NI-K1 NVRs​
- It is recommended to use the Hikvision I series NVRs
- The camera cannot be rotated left/right but ONLY up/down​

So seeing as it can only be ceiling mounted and can't be rotated on its base, this camera is probably not suitable for your requirements.

Also, see this other forum thread where a user ran into issues trying to wall mount this model:

Hi @JohnZ

If you look at the use-IP product page for this camera you will see the below important information about this camera:

- Currently does not support the use of privacy masks​
- Currently you can only mount this camera on the ceiling​
- It features both alarm and audio I/O terminal connections​
- 2 x 4mm lenses are stitched together for the 180° FoV​
- Although features 2 lenses only requires 1 Channel on an NVR​
- Not compatible with the DS-7604NI-K1 NVRs​
- It is recommended to use the Hikvision I series NVRs
- The camera cannot be rotated left/right but ONLY up/down​

So seeing as it can only be ceiling mounted and can't be rotated on its base, this camera is probably not suitable for your requirements.

Also, see this other forum thread where a user ran into issues trying to wall mount this model:
Is there a reason I can't use the Hikvision CB155 Conduit Base Junction Box to mount it in the wall instead of the actual wall mount designed for it? I don't want to use the designated wall mount because I live in Florida and it makes it more vulnerable to hurricanes and makes it more conspicuous sticking out of the side of my house. I can't mount it on the ceiling because it's a plastic soffit that's not sturdy enough.

I'm trying to get a high megapixel 180 degree cam that's I can use with a Hikvision NVR but the only other reasonably priced 180 cam is the Hikvision ColorVu DS-2CD2T87G2P-LSU/SL and it sticks out about a foot.

Hi @JohnZ

We are a UK/EU supplier of Hikvision products and the bracket you describe seems to only exist in the American market, but from a quick look at the specs it does look like the camera will fit that junction box.

I would point you to the thread I linked above where a user had quite a lot of difficulty wall-mounting one of these cameras, the main issue is that you cannot rotate the body of the camera left or right once mounted. This means that you would have to get the junction box in precisely the right position so that when you mount the camera it is sitting level, because once fitted there will be no adjustability.

I think you might be better off trying to speak directly to a US supplier who might have more experience using this junction box & camera together.

Hi @JohnZ

We are a UK/EU supplier of Hikvision products and the bracket you describe seems to only exist in the American market, but from a quick look at the specs it does look like the camera will fit that junction box.

I would point you to the thread I linked above where a user had quite a lot of difficulty wall-mounting one of these cameras, the main issue is that you cannot rotate the body of the camera left or right once mounted. This means that you would have to get the junction box in precisely the right position so that when you mount the camera it is sitting level, because once fitted there will be no adjustability.

I think you might be better off trying to speak directly to a US supplier who might have more experience using this junction box & camera together.
Thank you for the answer, that did help. I've attempted to call Hikvision US and they couldn't answer my question, they just referred me to the datasheets and that didn't answer my specific question either. The CB155 Junction Box was on hte data sheet but it didn't give details about using it as a wall mount. Right now, thanks to responses like yours, I do understand that this conduit base can be used to mount the turret cam on a wall, now my last question is which direction is the Ethernet output "arm" (for lack of a better description of it) points when the base is mounted in a way that levels the cam. I'm planning on mounting it right underneath my soffit and I want the cable to go directly into the soffit, not loop around where it is highly visible. Anyway thank you for your replies...

Hi @JohnZ

In answer to your last question, I would again point you to the thread mentioned earlier where another user has shared photos of their installation that show the cable coming out of the left-hand side (as you look at the camera) and going up the wall to the soffit.

Although, this is without the junction box and as we have no experience with the junction box we can't say confidently how those will line up and where the gasket on the junction box will point when the camera is level.

Back