01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

cannot access NVR from my browser

Capital_Singer

I cannot access NVR from my browser (internet explorer) anymore after I switched ISP's and have installed a new router.

I got the system this January and set it up myself
have previously just gone to 192.169.2.33 using internet explorer and then login with my details and I could see everything
or alternatively I used IVMS4500 on my phone, which still works after the router change..

where do I start looking please?

Hi @Capital_Singer

What do you mean by "I used IVMS4500 on my phone, which still works after the router change"? When you say the app still works do you mean you can still see the live views from the NVR in the app?

Ok, this would suggest you had DHCP enabled and the NVRs IP address has changed when you changed the router.

If you Install Hikvision's SADP Tool you can scan the local network for Hikvision devices and you'll be able to identify the IP address that the NVR is now using.

ok thanks I'm back in using IE now.

so whats the deal with DHCP? is it going to keep changing the routers IP address? how can I stop that?

That's good.

DHCP does not change your router IP it only changes the IP details of the NVR, your router IP changed when you changed ISPs and when you were changing routers the NVR would have gone offline and then come back online when the new router was live, but because the new router had a different IP range the DHCP setting allowed the NVR to search out new available IP address so the NVR could stay online.

Now you know the NVRs IP address you can simply disable DHCP in the SADP settings, just select the NVR from the SADP device list, untick the 'Enable DHCP' option, and then enter the NVRs admin password to save that setting.

Back