01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cannot connect my Hikvision camera to my Raymarine Multi Function Display?

Pipiskipper

Hi there,
I have an Hikvision camera and can’t get it connected with my Raymarine axiom 9rv. I think it is because the camera has a password. Is it possible to use the camera without password? I’ve tried it in the web log in and the sadp software but can’t figure it out.

Regards Maud

Hi @Pipiskipper

Do you know the exact model number of the Hikvision camera you have? There should be a label on the body of the camera that states the model number.

Thanks @Pipiskipper

So you will need the password to access the camera and add it to your Raymarine device.

Luckily as a 2x45FWD model, the camera should have a hard reset button which you can use to factory reset the camera so you can set your own password, see the hard reset instructions below:

I’ve resettled the password but the issue is that it isn’t possible to put a password in the Raymarine. It only works when there is no password. So I’m trying to disable the password but thinking that it’s maybe not possible with this camera

Okay,

In that case, the Hikvision cameras definitely won't work because they are security cameras and can only be accessed using a password.

How is the camera stream connected to the Raymarine axiom 9rv? Does this device support HDMI input? There are some IP CCTV cameras out there that support an HDMI output for connecting directly to an HDMI monitor.

Back