01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can't access DVR through browser

ksio89

Randomly, I can't access my HiLook DVR menu through a browser, throwing me a ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error, while it's working fine on iVMS-4200. The device
status is online on Hik-Connect, I click the IP but it won't connnect. Tried adding common HTTP ports like 80 and 8080 at the end of the address, but no luck.

www-hik-connect-com-devices-page.png

Captura-de-Tela-56.png

Last edited:
Hi @ksio89

The IP address link shown in the Hik-Connect Portal has not worked for many years.

If you need to access the DVR with a browser on your local network you will need to install the Hikvision SADP Tool to identify the local network IP address that the DVR is using and then you use that IP address in your browser to access the DVR.

Hi @ksio89

The IP address link shown in the Hik-Connect Portal has not worked for many years.

If you need to access the DVR with a browser on your local network you will need to install the Hikvision SADP Tool to identify the local network IP address that the DVR is using and then you use that IP address in your browser to access the DVR.
I could access the DVR address via browser just fine last week. This is not the first time it happened, it seems to randomly refuse to connect to the IP sometimes, and then fixes by itself. Anyway, I will check your suggestion, thanks.

@Dan Nevermind, I think the issue is due to blocked ports. But if they''re blocked, how can iVMS-4200 access the DVR, does it utilizes other ports? Anyway, I'll try to manually forward the ports on the modem menu.

i-VMS-4200-NAT.png

Last edited:
Guess the issue is the DVR UPnP isn't working, as all ports are open on router:

Like I expected, I can access the DVR through browser via local IP (192.168.15.2) while within the same local network. I checked NAT menu, all ports status are "Not valid", I just don't know why.

Sorry to jump in on the thread, I didn't want to create a new one. I'm having a similar issue, everything worked fine a few weeks ago - now I can't access configuration through the browser. I've checked all the port forwarding, i've even turned on DHCP and got a new IP but still no luck.

I have a feeling a changed something when I was setting up RTSP, can anyone help?
No problem, it's better to concentrate the issue in a single thread. I don't think it's caused by any change made by the user, I didn't mess with anything and all ports are invalid now. The issue is with the DVR UPnP feature, it's buggy and not doing what it should. I don't even know if there's a proper solution, I think the only things left to do are rebooting the equipment or updating the firmware.

Last edited:
@jonnystuartuk Good news, the issue has been fixed by itself without having to reboot the DVR, now all ports are valid and I can access the interface through browser again. Pretty sure the UPnP feature started worked again after the public IP was renewed. Anyway, I appreciate your feedback, we can only hope it won't bug out for a while.

Back