01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Correct Firmware for PTZ-N2404I-DE3

whiteduck22

Hi Dan, perhaps i am being stupid but I tried to update my PTZ-N2404I-DE3 that has V5.6.16 build 200925 but I get the mismatch error.
Could you kindly tell me how I decode the specific model from these Hilook cameras please as the current product page firmware doesn't work and the link above to the ftp site the PTZ firmware doesn't work.

(they are safely behind a VPN so perhaps I don't need to worry anyway)

Thank you!

Hi @whiteduck22

What firmware version is the PTZ currently running?
When logged into the camera can you go to Configuration > System > System Settings > Basic Information and confirm the "Firmware Version Property" of the camera?

Hi @whiteduck22

So your PTZ is currently running v5.6.16 and you are trying to update it to v5.7.1 that you have seen on the Hikvision product page?

I think there has been some understandable confusion, with some Hikvision models they have started releasing new versions of the same model that use different firmware and these different versions are signified by a letter in a bracket after the model number. You can see on the Hik product page that the v5.6.16 firmware is labelled for the (C) model and the v5.7.1 firmware is for the (F) model, also this v5.7.1 firmware is labelled as an E7 firmware and your camera uses the R7 firmware.

I think that your model is likely a (C) or earlier model and so the latest firmware for your model will be the v5.6.16 firmware.

Back