01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Finding the correct latest firmware for Hikvision IP cameras?

mikejburden

Hi,

Is there an easy way to:

1) Find firmware for specific Hikvision IP cameras
2) Know which versions to install if the firmware is old and may need to be patched in several stages?

I tried searching for the specific camera model number on this website, but it didn't come up with anything. Is that because I need to delete some digits from the model number?

I also tried looking at the EU portal but I'm not sure how to work out which platform I need to look for on the IP camera folder.

The model in question is DS-2CD2345FWD-I
The current firmware is V5.6.3 build 190923

Thank you for any help you can give!

Mike

Hi @mikejburden

The answers to your questions are below:

1) In regards to understanding which firmware versions to use, you can look to our Camera Firmware Guide which we try to keep up to date or when logged in to any particular camera you can go to Configuration > System > System Settings > Basic Information and you will see the Firmware Version Property which includes the firmware platform code (e.g. G3, G5, H3, etc...) which can guide you to correct firmware folder in the download portal.

2) When upgrading from very old firmware we would probably recommend updating in steps to the first firmware release of each sub-version (e.g. v4.60.xxx / v4.61.xxx / v4.62.xxx), the only time we would update differently is if the camera/NVR is running a very old version and there is 12 or more months between the current firmware and the next sub-version. An example would be if your camera was running V5.5.0_Build170725 the next sub-version would be V5.6.0_Build190507, the build dates on these are July 2017 & May 2019 so in this case we would recommend updating to the last v5.5.xxx firmware (which would be V5.5.83_Build190221) before updating to v5.6.xxx and onwards.

In your case, the 2345FWD-I camera is a G1 model so uses the G1 Firmware Platform on the Download Portal, the latest G1 firmware is V5.6.820 220519 so you can just update straight to that version as it is the same sub-version as your current firmware.

Upvote 1
Hi,

What if the firmware is so old that when you connect to the camera remotely by IP that there is no Firmware Version Property. How can you tell the platform?

I have a DS-2CD2122FWD-I but can't work out what platform it is to get the firmware.

Thanks,

Mike

Upvote 0
Hi @mikejburden

You can search for the camera model in our Camera Firmware Guide and that will take you to a link for the correct firmware folder.

When you search for "2122FWD" you will see it listed as "DS-2CD2122FWD-I(W)(S)", this might not look like your model number but the letters in the brackets just means there are multiple versions of the same model (in this case, 2122FWD-I / 2122FWD-IS / 2122FWD-IWS).

Upvote 0
Back