01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2142FWD-IS Firmware Update failed [SOLVED]

vantage

Hello,

i have two cameras DS-2CD2142FWD-IS with Firmware V5.5.0 build 170725 (Encoding-Version V7.3 build 170721, Web-Version V4.0.1 build 170711, Plugin-Version V3.0.6.26). I would like to update this cameras with the firmware IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.5.82_190909 . I download the file from Hikvisioneurope.com and unzip the file. After that, i try to install the firmware with Batch Configuration Tool, with my Hikvision NVR and with the IE 11 .
I get the error message "Receiving data from the device failed or other unknown errors".

My question is, what can i do, to update my cameras?

Thank you.

vantage

Last edited:
Hi @vantage

We would recommend trying to update to v5.5.53 first and if that installs then you should be able to go up to the latest v5.5.82 firmware.

Hi Dan,
sorry, but it do not work. It´s the same failure, when i try it. Do you have further ideas what i can do? Thank you.

Is the network connection from your PC / laptop to the camera/network wired or WiFi?
We have seen issues when trying to update and using a laptop on WiFi.

I have a wired connection via LAN cable. The cameras are connected via LAN to my NVR (DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P). Also the laptop is wired.

Now i have solved the problem.

I could update the acutal firmware via my NVR. That was the problem. Via Laptop (wired) and Desktop PC (wired) it was not possible to update my two cameras. But via NVR it was possible.

Thank you for your assistance.

Back