01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-2TD2117-3/V1 original firmware?

Pat007

Hi,

I’m new owner of an DS-2TD2117-3/V1 Thermal camera.

I’ve updated my cam with the latest firmware, since I’ve a “no signal” in any configuration, even if I flashing it again.

I’m interested in getting the original firmware, to try to restore the original configuration.
The old firmwares are no more available on the manufacturer's ftp.

Thanks in advance.

Pat

Hi @Pat007

What firmware version did you upgrade to? Can you please provide a link to where you downloaded the firmware from?

Thanks @Pat007

It does look like you might have used the wrong firmware, but it's understandable that you would have gotten confused because there are so many different thermal model numbers all using slightly different firmware.

We believe the correct firmware is V5.5.22_210123 (see the release notes that confirm your exact model is supported).

Try upgrading to this version and hopefully, the camera will just switch to the correct firmware (also, make sure to follow the instructions at the bottom of the firmware folder linked above - Upgrade the 01 Camera module first, then the 02 Main firmware).

Thanks Dan for your time and answer.

I’ve just done the upgrade (both), but still getting a « no video » signal.

I’m using iVMS4200 on Mac OS, the only one solution to get access to the cam options.
modern web browsers doesn’t seem to be fully supported (since IE browser has been removed from the market)

Hikvision products aren't really easy to configure :-(

Attachments

• hikivision.png
    hikivision.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 57
Thanks for the update @Pat007

Many of the models Hikvision offers have received updates to bring better support for modern browsers, have you tried browser access with Chrome, Firefox, etc... after updating the camera firmware?

Unfortunately, Mac users get the worst support from Hikvision as they see it as the lowest priority and focus all their attention on direct monitor access and PC browser/iVMS access, so this does lead to an increased number of problems and challenges for Mac users accessing Hikvision products.

I know several Mac users have reported better access to their Hikvision systems by installing Parallels which allows you to run a virtual Windows PC on your Mac.

Also, many Mac users have used the SecuritySpy software which is a much more up-to-date and Mac-friendly VMS than iVMS (and supports most Hikvision cameras, but you might need to check with them if the thermal camera you have is supported).

Hi Dan,
SecuritySpy software seems to do the job... even if a "simple" browser should to it, except for hikvision cam.

But unfortunatly, I still have a "no signal" screen.
I will try to send it back directly to Hikvision.

Back