01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Support gave me wrong model Update, no HDD detected? [Old DS-7208HFI-SVST]

chalitopower

I asked Hikvision support for a more updated firmware for an old DS-7208HFI-SVST. With the serial number and everything correct. They sent me the "correct" file and it turned out to be for the 7208HVI-SV. It stopped detecting the HDD, so, that version is obviously incorrect. They didn't take care of anything, because according to them the serial number corresponds to that model (although I sent him the correct label as well). They didn't respond anymore.
Anyway, would you know where to get the original firmware for the device? It was version 2.2.8 build 140114. It is not on Hik's Europe page or anywhere else. It belongs to a client and I don't want to end up bricking it (even more so)..
Thank you a lot, (and excuse my english)

Hi @chalitopower

We can't see any mention in any Hikvision firmware portal of this DS-7208HFI-SVST model.

If the firmware you were given loaded onto the device then it is probably the correct firmware (even if it is linked to a different model, some firmware is compatible with many different models) and it might just be that due to the age of the DVR, the updating/rebooting process might have caused a fault to occur.

You say the issue is that the HDD is not being detected, are you sure the HDD has not just failed? Have you tried fitting a different HDD that you know works? If the HDD is the original that was fitted when the DVR was first installed then I wouldn't be surprised if it has failed after 10+ years of use.

Hi @chalitopower

We can't see any mention in any Hikvision firmware portal of this DS-7208HFI-SVST model.

If the firmware you were given loaded onto the device then it is probably the correct firmware (even if it is linked to a different model, some firmware is compatible with many different models) and it might just be that due to the age of the DVR, the updating/rebooting process might have caused a fault to occur.

You say the issue is that the HDD is not being detected, are you sure the HDD has not just failed? Have you tried fitting a different HDD that you know works? If the HDD is the original that was fitted when the DVR was first installed then I wouldn't be surprised if it has failed after 10+ years of use.
Thanks Dan,
The failure occurred as soon as I performed the update. And yes, as you say, Hikvision insisted that it is the version for that serial number (Although the model name changed in my configuration).
Yes, it is really old. I am going to do what you tell me, and try now with another HDD.

Back