01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI vs DS-7808NXI-I2/S

benm

Hi,
I was looking into getting my first NVR and have been recommended the DS-7608NI. I noticed that a new set of models called DS-7808NXI-I2/S.
Does this model replace the one i was recommended or are they very different in terms of spec and (more importantly) price?

Many thanks

Hi @benm

The primary difference between the standard I-series NVR and the AcuSense NVR is that the AcuSense NVR can apply AcuSense analytics to older non-AcuSense cameras and/or 3rd-party cameras, but this feature is usually limited to a small number of channels (I believe the maximum is 4 channels).

If you are installing a completely new system with some or all AcuSense cameras then there isn't really any benefit to that model over the standard I-series, but if you have a large number of old cameras that you don't plan to upgrade then potentially the AcuSense NVR may be suitable.

Hi,
I was looking into getting my first NVR and have been recommended the DS-7608NI. I noticed that a new set of models called DS-7808NXI-I2/S.
Does this model replace the one i was recommended or are they very different in terms of spec and (more importantly) price?

Many thanks
The former is still a current model. The NXI has AcuSense built in and will work with standard cameras. However it restricts the resolution. Better to use the existing model with AcuSense cameras.

Reactions: Dan
Back