01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NXI-l2/8p/s NVR - limited number of "smart events "?

noste500

I am using an 8 camera NVR, am i correct that there is a limit of 4 channels allowed to use smart events ?

I tried setting up my 5th camera with smart events but it said i was out of allowance ( or something along those lines )

Box is DS-7608NXI-l2/8p/s
TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
I am using an 8 camera NVR, am i correct that there is a limit of 4 channels allowed to use smart events ?

I tried setting up my 5th camera with smart events but it said i was out of allowance ( or something along those lines )

Box is DS-7608NXI-l2/8p/s
TIA
Possibly. Are any of your 5 cameras AcuSense models? If so, for those models you should check the 'use camera AI' checkbox when setting them up. That would move the resources to the camera and not be included in the limit.

Possibly. Are any of your 5 cameras AcuSense models? If so, for those models you should check the 'use camera AI' checkbox when setting them up. That would move the resources to the camera and not be included in the limit.
Thanks for the help , I used plug and play when setting up cameras so not sure about AI . Will check the camera specs and get back .
Cheers

Thanks for the help , I used plug and play when setting up cameras so not sure about AI . Will check the camera specs and get back .
Cheers
Using plug and play is fine. If you check your cameras model numbers thats the easiest way. In the NVR onscreen menu > settings goto the page where all of the cameras are listed. To the right hand side of the entry for each camera you will see the model number and firmware version (DS-2CD.....)

Thanks .
Cameras are not AcuSense .
2 dome ipc-d150H-M
2 IPC T259H turrets
2 IPC T280MUF

Not sure what my options are to get smart events on more than 4 channels ( I was wanting all 8 with intrusion detection ‍♂️)
Cheers again for the help

Thanks .
Cameras are not AcuSense .
2 dome ipc-d150H-M
2 IPC T259H turrets
2 IPC T280MUF

Not sure what my options are to get smart events on more than 4 channels ( I was wanting all 8 with intrusion detection ‍♂️)
Cheers again for the help
I'd have thought it would let you have Intrusion on them all. I think it's only the AcuSense (Human/Vehicle filtering) feature that is restricted.

However that being said - if the camera itself (and I'm not familiar with your models) does not support Intrusion Detection, it will use the NVRs AI and the NVR will restrict Intrusion Detection to the maximum number of channels that it supports. It could well be that your cameras only support basic motion detection.

Edit: I've checked - your cameras do not support smart events, so it's as described above. You would potentially need to replace 4 cameras for models that DO have smart events (the Hikvision value series don't)

Thanks for taking the time to help me . I will have to maybe upgrade my cameras at a later point to include intrusion at the camera rather than the NVR as you suggest .
It’s a shame I can’t make do with motion , but it just sets off too easily.
Cheers

Back